Sign in to follow this  
millertime

Box help for a15 Xcon

well i could really use some help with my box design.. i ordered a 15 Xcon on monday and i want to start on the box for it.. i have a table saw and router and have built a couple boxes before.. but i am kind of new to this and want this box to sound good,, it will be going in the back of my 06 ford-f-150 fx4 supercrew.. i plain on putting it were my small side rear seat folds... i would like it to be 21x21 then 27-26 tall. ( sub on top ).. i would like it to come out to the 4 cu.ft ported.... they say 26-33 hz..... i listen to mostley rock...hard rock... but i like most music that sounds good.... i love good bass... i am not very good at figureing out all the math... it looks like to me a box 21x21 and 27 tall would be like 5.6 cu.ft... then with the port and sub... heck i am guessing like 4.2 .. anyway, if anyone can help that would be great... i had a alpine 15 type r but the box was to small.. sounded ok but i am sure it would have been better with a good box design.. thanks for any help

check out the re enclosure calculator...i got one figured up for ya, that is tuned to 27.9 hz and is 4.655 cubic feet after port.

check out the re enclosure calculator...i got one figured up for ya, that is tuned to 27.9 hz and is 4.655 cubic feet after port.

where is the re enclosure calculator. ? i'm not sure what you mean

i went and played with it.... but that will not work for what i am wanting... that is for a L shape port..... i want the sub on top of the box... which is 27 tall... the port ( vent port ) will not make it to the bottom, so it will not let me figure it right so the port and sub are on the top... i guess i could be doing it wrong to

just kinda picture the face of it being up...so instead of it being 27 inches tall, it will be 27 inches deep...and so on.

no problem...when u get it done post up some pics and vids bro