Tegan14

Question about what amp to get for 15"

Hey,

So I got a 15" Q D2 right now and just sold my crappy amp. I'm planning to get either the SAZ 1000D or a SAE 1200D. Which would be better if eventually I will get another 15" Q D2?

Either will be fine...of course the 1500 would be even better.

Hey,

So I got a 15" Q D2 right now and just sold my crappy amp. I'm planning to get either the SAZ 1000D or a SAE 1200D. Which would be better if eventually I will get another 15" Q D2?

I dont think you can strap the SAE1200D if you decide to go that route with more drivers. But, both are great.

for a Q to handle a 1200d or 1500d it would need some extra work, extra tinsel leads help, and of course the BP power option. even then especially the 1500d is really too much for a Q. I have run 15" Q's, 1 sealed, 1 ported, 2 ported, 1kw a piece, 1200 watt/piece, and over 1500/piece. Every one I had had extra things done to them, so if this one you have doesn't then go with the 1000d and then you can strap a second 1000d when you get the second woofer.

edit, oh if you are planning on only using the one amp to power two of them in the future, although either will still get the job done, I see no other choice than the 1500d at least to run two Q's in the future :)

Edited by mjmarovi

The 1000D is plenty.

2 SAZ-1000D's strapped will be the best option for you (since you have D2 voice coils).