sundownz

Sundown SA-8 Pre-Sale

Did another vid the afternoon, I didnt get around to making another box. but i did give them a bit more power, and found out that I will definetly need to deaden the roof. Hopefully Im off again all day tommorow so I can get the 2 cube box in the truck.

Got my box finished up. 1.8 cubes 2- 4" aeros tuned to 33hz. Just waiting for my amp. It will be here tomorrow. Then ill post up some videos. :santa:

Did another vid the afternoon, I didnt get around to making another box. but i did give them a bit more power, and found out that I will definetly need to deaden the roof. Hopefully Im off again all day tommorow so I can get the 2 cube box in the truck.

very nice there. although building a bigger box will drop mechanical power handling i think youll enjoy the extra output.... make a vid with the new box....

very nice there. although building a bigger box will drop mechanical power handling i think youll enjoy the extra output.... make a vid with the new box....

thanks, thats what I want is less power on them total. For some reason I ordered them as dual 2 ohm so Im stuck with either wiring the at 2 or 1/2 or buying another and getting 1.3. In that second vid they are at 1/2 ohm but I'd like to be able to run at 2 since its a daily driver.

Okay so Mine went into my 2000 GMC Sierra extra cab ,

Truck is deadened throughout, 250 amp alt and a yellow top, Cdt hd components, Cdt Audio 4100 amp mids and highs, and a SAZ-2000D running the 4 SA-8's

in 3 cubes with two 4" aeroports right around 38hz box built by me. They PoUnD ! and much more sq than i was expecting out of them. ill post a vid soon , but id like to get them on a meter to see what it does.

060-1.jpg

Truck is deadened throughout, 250 amp alt and a yellow top, Cdt hd components, Cdt Audio 4100 amp mids and highs, and a SAZ-2000D running the 4 SA-8's

in 3 cubes with two 4" aeroports right around 38hz box built by me. They PoUnD ! and much more sq than i was expecting out of them. ill post a vid soon , but id like to get them on a meter to see what it does.

nice looking box, i should have ordered 4 while the presale was going on. Im still really impressed with my 2. Everyone that has heard them was shocked that it was 2 8's making that noise lol

edit: oh and i should have a vid of my 2nd box up in an hour or so

Edited by quiet

060-1.jpg

Wow, they look REALLY good in there like that. Can't wait for the vid.

Looks awesome Eastman !

Thank you quiet , Alton, and Jacob! Ya i couldn't be happier at 17 years old I definately have the best sounding truck in my school and probably one of the better around town now haha. I live in Southern California anyone know of any competitions coming up close by because i really wanna see them on the meter??

I have the second test box built and installed. This go round I spent a little more time sealing everything and calculating the box specs. I came out with 2.03 ft^3 net tuned to 33hz with 30 sq inches of slot port. All I can say is WOW what a difference! They are definetly louder and sound so much better, before I had tested them on some song that really messed with them(Young Jeezy - And then what, Brooks and Dunn - Hillbilly Deluxe, and a few metal songs). Now on the same songs I get nothing but clean bass, I am impressed that they can have as much output as they do and still sound so clean. I am definetly a proud Sundown owner and have already been showing people around town what they can do. I had a buddy get in my truck and say "thats some cute little speakers you got there" I didnt say anything, I just put on Young Jeezy - Airforces. He then asked where to get one so he can replace his 2 JL 12s Haha. I uploaded another video just for shitznjiggles.

Love that song... "And then What" -- the intro stomps are super low - thank you subsonic filter :) Had the 2500D prototype on my four and that was the only thing that could get them to exceed mechanical limits.

Love that song... "And then What" -- the intro stomps are super low - thank you subsonic filter :) Had the 2500D prototype on my four and that was the only thing that could get them to exceed mechanical limits.

Haha I found that out with my ipod on shuffle that song came on and they hit the limits instantly, they handle it much better now in the new box. Awesome subs and amp, thank you very much Jacob.

Here ya guys go 3.5 cubes at 34hz. powered by a 3500d

Door panels and carpet are getting glassed, and the box got messed up when the front baffle separated. i had a all thread brace through the box and through the back cab wall, it tore through the cab and then let the baffle flex. so the 1x10 is holding the baffle together.

Box is now uninstalled and the blow through is in store, 12 E8's on 2 3500's in a 4th order.

Sorry about the quality crappy camera and i was in a huge hurry to get home.

the tape is holding the 2nd port steady as it developed a crack when the baffle broke.

the piece of wood at the top was a piece of oak to space the seat off the box. As it was closer to the box then the bucket seats i took out.

Mirror doesnt shake violently since i glued all the joints lol

th_DSCF0053.jpg

Edited by F3RR3T

Give us the specs..... there's got to be something incorrect somewhere I think....

Give us the specs..... there's got to be something incorrect somewhere I think....

I sure hope so. Really sucks. My buddy said they sounds like door speakers. My mirrors dont move no flex nothing. Maybe i was just spoiled from my 2 HDC3s on a 3500D? Even my L7 12" was alot louder and clearer.

1.86 cube box 2 4" PVC ports.

2 SA-8 4ohm on a AQ1200D amp. wired to 1ohm.

What all do you need?

Edited by popwarhomie

I sure hope so. Really sucks. My buddy said they sounds like door speakers. My mirrors dont move no flex nothing. Maybe i was just spoiled from my 2 HDC3s on a 3500D? Even my L7 12" was alot louder and clearer.

What all do you need?

Thats alot of port

What all do you need?

Thats alot of port

I sealed up the ports and it still sounded the same. Ports are 14" long each.

Edited by popwarhomie

Is that the net volume of your box?

Is that the net volume of your box?

I used the rockford fosgate box calculator.

Its 14" wide, 26" long and 12" tall. 3/4" MDF.

Are you sure you got the coils and subs wired correctly???? take a 9v battery and make sure both of them move the same direction.... or at all..... you could have a coil out of phase

Are you sure you got the coils and subs wired correctly???? take a 9v battery and make sure both of them move the same direction.... or at all..... you could have a coil out of phase

Im going to go check in a sec.

I wired them

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams, Two 4 ohm Dual Voice Coil (DVC) Speakers

What gauge wire did everyone use? I tried 12 gauge and it was to big so I went with 18 for now.

Edited by popwarhomie

all it takes is one coil out of phase or something along those lines and it will cause problems like this....

all it takes is one coil out of phase or something along those lines and it will cause problems like this....

okay, after I eat my birthday cake ill go pull them out and triple check everything. Sorry but birthday cake comes first lol

Im going to go check in a sec.

I wired them

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams, Two 4 ohm Dual Voice Coil (DVC) Speakers

What gauge wire did everyone use? I tried 12 gauge and it was to big so I went with 18 for now.

12 was to big? I used 8

happy birthday

Edited by F3RR3T