Sign in to follow this  
CrownVic

Electrical help

I know where the positive connection is but yes the only wires connected to alt are the plugs and yes im positive on this since its the second alt ive installed on the car.

I know where the positive connection is but yes the only wires connected to alt are the plugs and yes im positive on this since its the second alt ive installed on the car.

If the pos connection on the alt doesnt have a bolt for the power wire from the harness to run to, then you are screwed.

Then i guess im screwed until i upgrade my alt. :suicide-santa::shrug:

Sucks dude. Good luck with the alt hunt.

For anybody whos wondering there is a pic of the wireing plugs on page 2

sorry i just noticed the links didn't go where I intended them to. but that alternator i was speaking of comes in the 94-95 Cadillac fleetwood brougham or impala ss with 5.7 lt1

I looked and i think those will fit but they only have one pigtail plug they're only $115 though for a 140 amp so if i could make it work that would be awesome. thanks for the help man. fing05.gif

also with the big three done and a 140 amp alt, would I be able to run 2000 watts rms to a sub with maybe another 300w to a amp for mids/ highs?

Edited by CrownVic

are u running an extra battery ??? what kind/brand do you have up front ??? what size wire you running to the back??? Also i think the black with orange strip wire is you origanal power wire. un plug it and see if you get voltage with the switch off. you would put a ring terminal on those and run your bigger wire for the big three as that altornator has a stud post. then on the other plug you need to find out which wire is switched on the ignition. wiring cs144 put a resistor on the L wire with value between 35 and 500 ohms at 1/2 watt.

Edited by alexj01_83

I'm running a stock batt upfront, 8 gauge to the amp. Right now I have an additional engine and chassis ground in 1/0. You lost me with the resistor stuff, and I am pretty sure that the black and red wire is the positive.

Also I planned on running 1/0 to whatever amp I get.