holley2346

1974 Jeep Truck

Some equipment pictures..... I've waited long enough to start a build log.

This one may progress slowly compared to my usual ~2 day builds I'm used to.

But never the less,

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

mmmm selenium + eminence + fi?

Maybe I will have to add Sundown + DC as well? :rolleyes:

Still throwing ideas around. :)

nice horns. betcha its loud as hell

Looks like it may be one loud ass Jeep, when is the installing gonna begin.

It will be loud as...

I'm waiting for the future pics.

Good luck with that work!!!

i hope you are currently working on this build, as in right this minute...lol.

Do not take the time to type a response in..... go back to work.....ha ha

chop

IAK

I hate to say it, but it may be at least 2 weeks away from starting.

I ordered a lift kit for a 74 jeep, when I got it the leaf spring lengths were all messed up. Turns out jeep mixed and matched parts on the end of year runs and I have a 73 frame. So I'm taking it to a local place to get the leaf springs re arched.... right now it's like riding something with no suspension. Never the less it will take a week for this to be done (at least), and various other odds and ends that need to be ordered and installed to get this thing in proper working order....

Will be getting some nice 35's after I get 3" blocks under the back and spring over in the front. Considering super swamper tsl's. :)

I am also looking for a deal on some more selenium drivers.... I want this to be impressive.

Here's a pic..... It has been cleaned up since.

jeep.jpg

Oh and new 4 barrel carb and edelbrock intake manifold :)

im.jpg

Edited by holley2346

I hate to say it, but it may be at least 2 weeks away from starting.

I ordered a lift kit for a 74 jeep, when I got it the leaf spring lengths were all messed up. Turns out jeep mixed and matched parts on the end of year runs and I have a 73 frame. So I'm taking it to a local place to get the leaf springs re arched.... right now it's like riding something with no suspension. Never the less it will take a week for this to be done (at least), and various other odds and ends that need to be ordered and installed to get this thing in proper working order....

Will be getting some nice 35's after I get 3" blocks under the back and spring over in the front. Considering super swamper tsl's. :)

I am also looking for a deal on some more selenium drivers.... I want this to be impressive.

Here's a pic..... It has been cleaned up since.

jeep.jpg

Oh and new 4 barrel carb and edelbrock intake manifold :)

im.jpg

Nice looking J10.

Lift blocks are ghey. Either get the real, good lift and do it right or don't do it :)

Well I wanted to go with sundown, but today a friend was pulling an amp out of his truck. I gave him $50.00 for it, and here it lies.... along with the headunit I ordered from "rushrun" on this forum. Both were hooked up earlier today and ran my 4 selenium drivers very well.

The amp is an Orion EA3532, with a few scratches.... it's old but made the seleniums do everything I wanted and more! :)

6.jpg

7.jpg

Edited by holley2346

I was looking forward to finally using those BL 12's.... but it's about time to try something new. I just ordered some things....

Here's one hint :) :) :)

HDC310.jpg

I was looking forward to finally using those BL 12's.... but it's about time to try something new. I just ordered some things....

Here's one hint smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

HDC310.jpg

What's that^^ ??? woot.gif

i feel like a complete idiot for asking

but what are the horns? i've seen them like once before and was confused. but now i reallt want to know. what are they for? lol

:shrug:

Those are eminence APT 150's. http://madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1358 . They are going to be used as tweeters, but I am going to have to seriously tone them down. They are extremely sharp at anything above low power levels.

oh so are they better than the usual type of tweeters or basically the same?

Extremely loud.

If you've ever been to a party and the DJ had some speakers with horn tweeteres, just image a that, a PA tweeter in your car