Good picture and they are cheap, but in the long run, they just have fail written all over them. They will end up costing as much as an LCD or Plasma in the long run.

Replacement bulbs are expensive, like $200 to $250 if I recall correctly. And they go out a lot. A lot of people who bought DLP from the shop I work at have since upgraded to an LCD or Plasma because of the reliability issues.

That is interesting to hear, it is odd because they seem to be all the rage for nearly 6 months or so about a year ago, and since I have not heard much mention of them. If we can afford an HDTV, it looks like I will lean towards the Panasonic Plasma.

That is interesting to hear, it is odd because they seem to be all the rage for nearly 6 months or so about a year ago, and since I have not heard much mention of them. If we can afford an HDTV, it looks like I will lean towards the Panasonic Plasma.

With Christmas coming I have noticed the price falling on the Panasonic plasmas. I am watching these for a bedroom tv. + I am a Panasonic fan.

Everything in your post is full of crap basically other than the 720p is cheaper than 1080p and don't go to a retailer as you will get jacked on price. Besides that your post is FULL of fail.

I realize you like to be helpful and that is great, but you REALLY, REALLY need to think occasionally instead of just posting what you read somewhere else.

u seem to tell me that all the time when i'm not just reading it.. i've been told this from actual human beings....

I've also read this from multiple review sites.. The best research is to obtain info from multiple sources.. or at least that's what i've learned in college long ago. When a common denominator is found, it's usually the right one.

I only tell you as you seem to do and not think regularly.

Definitely agree on the multiple sites, but you NEED to know how to decipher crap info from real info. When you do you will obviously find that the Pio Kuro's are always rated as unbelievably gorgeous followed not far behind by the Panny's. Burn-in doesn't really occur these days and almost requires that you try to make it happen.