Steveman09

Looking to buy a 1500watt AMP Need Opinions

Ok so I'm in the market to buy another amp for my new sub setup.

My Car is a 94 Legend Coupe

6.5" Infinity Kappa Fronts

6x9' Infinity Kappa Rears

USAMPS XT1600.4 V2 Amp Running the Kappa's

Now I'm needing to power (1) 15-inch RE SXX D2 Subwoofer in a 35hz Ported 3cft Custom Fiberglass/Wood Spare Tire Enclosure

These are the amps im looking at :

USAMPS MD-2D 1500rms@1ohm $319.99

MTX TE1501D 1500rms@1ohm $369.99

Kicker KX1500.1 1500rms@2ohms $359.99 (if I get this amp I would buy the RE SXX D4 of course)

So what amp should I get?

The car is a daily driver, so efficiency and SQ is important to a certain extent but not a MUST, im willin to sacrifice some efficiency for power.

The Alternator is a stock 110amp right now, but im upgrading it to a 200amp.

The battery right now is a Dry Cell Exide Orbital Deep Cycle, i'm planning to add a Kenitek HC2000 in the trunk for the amps.

Edited by Steveman09

Just go with what fits your budget, they all are great amps. The only thing I would say would be the Kicker. Apparently has one setting on it, that is set and you can't set it. I can't remember it for some reason, at the moment.... lol

Just go with what fits your budget, they all are great amps. The only thing I would say would be the Kicker. Apparently has one setting on it, that is set and you can't set it. I can't remember it for some reason, at the moment.... lol

Kickers have a set subsonic filter on them so you would have to build your enclosure if ported around the range or more (so it leaves you few options tuning frequency wise).

Yes, knew it was something like that but, didn't feel like giving out false info.:D

What is your budget for this new amp?

If I have to pick from those three, it would be the US. If you dont mind other options, you should check out Sundown Audio. They are right here on this forum and make great amplifiers.

Another option you may want to look at is the Sundown SAE-1200 v.2! A very underrated amplifier that will do rated and then some. On sale now for $280 shipped!

Of those 3, I'd get the md2d but there are other amps you can get for a better price.

Another option you may want to look at is the Sundown SAE-1200 v.2! A very underrated amplifier that will do rated and then some. On sale now for $280 shipped!

x2, I forgot about this amplifier (the best one of them all, very beasty amp).

There are quite a few used SAZ-1500's in the For Sale section. Highly recommend them, practically bulletproof amps and great customer service.

There are quite a few used SAZ-1500's in the For Sale section. Highly recommend them, practically bulletproof amps and great customer service.

x2, or you can go to db-r.com for more Sundown equipment if you dont want to buy new.

Thanks for all the replies, I think im going to go with Sundown SAZ-1500D and if that doesn't work out im going to get the USAMPS MD-2D

i think you will stick with your sundown once experienced

Nice!

I will post pics of the install up once its all finished!

Pictures = :bananaDance:

MB Quart dsc 2000d $308 sonicelectonix

Good amp but the sundown is better and cheaper, very underrated amp (a 1200 watt amp that puts out 1700 watts, can you say ridiculous).

MB Quart dsc 2000d $308 sonicelectonix

Good amp but the sundown is better and cheaper, very underrated amp (a 1200 watt amp that puts out 1700 watts, can you say ridiculous).

Ok well its done! I bought a SUNDOWN SAZ-1500D with light use for $320 off a member on here.

Now to order the SUB!

RE 15' SXX or Sundown Nightshade 15' D2?

Ok well its done! I bought a SUNDOWN SAZ-1500D with light use for $320 off a member on here.

Now to order the SUB!

Nightshades aren't in production anymore if your wanting a new one (and the V2's aren't due for a while). FYI. Might have to hunt for a 2nd hand one around the traps.

Jono

Now to order the SUB!

Nightshades aren't in production anymore if your wanting a new one (and the V2's aren't due for a while). FYI. Might have to hunt for a 2nd hand one around the traps.

Jono

I found a 15 nightshade d2 on the forums, but I wanna make sure its a better quality sub than a RE SXX 15 D2, I heard someone say the Nightshades have issues with the voice coil wires coming unglued?

Nightshades FTW, havent heard about that issue.