lrfag

cleanest sounding daily driver sub to fight the acoustics battele of a

would any suggest a certain daily driver subwoofer that has a good clean sound not boomy or dirty to fight the battle of acoustics in my convertible? thanks

What do you mean by "fight the battle of acoustics?"

well comapred to a normal hard top car. convertibles lose alot of the sound because it has a weaker surface to bounce off of sound gets aborbed right into the soft top.

Think of it like a boat. How much slap do you really hear in them? Not too much. He doesnt have a roof for the sound to bounce off of. Very important.

What driver? Thats a good question. Better question. Is it worth it? I think it will have to be pretty loud and then I hope its not a daily driver.

Edited by bigrank916

Oh, you'll have to wait for someone else to answer that, but as far as subs go, do you want it to be more loud or quality oriented?

Oh, you'll have to wait for someone else to answer that, but as far as subs go, do you want it to be more loud or quality oriented?

i was leaning more towards loud i just dont want it really sloppy. i was looking at a 12" fi ssd or 12" re audio srx

What kind of car is this? I assume its going in the trunk. Do you have speakers in the rear deck?

What kind of car is this? I assume its going in the trunk. Do you have speakers in the rear deck?

His signature thing says he has a pair of Pioneer 6 x 8 3 ways in the back.

i was leaning more towards loud i just dont want it really sloppy. i was looking at a 12" fi ssd or 12" re audio srx

Between the two of them, I would go with the SSD or a Q. The Q is a SQ sub but I'm sure it'll get plenty loud enough for you.

His signature thing says he has a pair of Pioneer 6 x 8 3 ways in the back.

It's a 1991 mustang convertible

Sorry I should have read the sig.

Do you usually drive with the soft top up or down?

Sorry I should have read the sig.

Do you usually drive with the soft top up or down?

up

Then take those 6x8's out of the rear deck to allow for the most bass to reach the cabin.

Should probably put a high pass on those front speakers too.

Should probably put a high pass on those front speakers too.

Im pretty sure he already has high pass on those front speakers or they would have blown by now playing on low pass frequencies.

Well, I was just saying not to let the speakers play down to 30 hz.

Im pretty sure he knows that, nobody even spoke on this so its way left field (he's asking about subwoofers, not what he shouldnt play his interior speakers down to).

I feel that the wind noise and engine noise will over come any tiny bit of accuracy difference between two different similar woofers.

Im pretty sure he knows that, nobody even spoke on this so its way left field (he's asking about subwoofers, not what he shouldnt play his interior speakers down to).

Okay, my bad then. I didn't realize it was going to turn into an issue.

Naw its not an issue, your just going off topic with this.

To the OP, what is your budget to begin with. How much space do you have in the convertible that you want to work with?

I feel that the wind noise and engine noise will over come any tiny bit of accuracy difference between two different similar woofers.

x2. There is no variable in any subwoofer that's going to lend itself better to a convertible environment. They're all going to lose considerable output and be affected the same way by the loss of a top.

So 1) Stop making threads about what would sound best in a convertible, and 2) list other characteristics of a sub or your listening preferences that would help in choosing a sub that suits you.

I would go with a 10" sub instead of a 12" sub because of the small space requirement if the convertible top takes up some room of the trunk. Don't think that a 10" sub doesn't get loud. :D

This is the third time I've closed one of your threads. You no longer have ANY posting priveleges until you read the noob posting guidelines and PM me on how you are going to follow them. At that point, I'll let you have posting priveleges again.