ONE15ISALLINEED

Wiring a DVC 2-ohm sub to 1ohm

ok i have no idea how to wire subs off the top of my head, i have just used charts. i have gathered 2 diff wiring picstures for wiring a 2ohm dvc sub down to 1ohm. one is from rockford fosgate and the other is from the jl audio website. they show different ways of wiring it. where do i go from here?

12ohmdvc1ohm.th.gif

dvcparallel1.th.gif

Edited by ONE15ISALLINEED

ok 12volt has it done the same way RF had it mapped out. is there a reason why jl has the wires going to one set of terminals on the sub from the amp? or was that just jl amplifier specific? it doesnt state that it is though.

It doesn't matter. Hook the two + together to the amp and then the two - to the amp. It's all the same no matter how you do it.

It doesn't matter. Hook the two + together to the amp and then the two - to the amp. It's all the same no matter how you do it.

just look at both the pictures + to + to amp - to - to amp

x2

just look at both the pictures + to + to amp - to - to amp

You have to use both sets of terminals (one for each voice coil), but whether you wire one + to the other + and then to the amp, or whether you wire each + to the amp, etc., it doesn't matter. As long as they're all connected.

Parallel wiring is not like series wiring where you have to do things in order. Parallel wiring is very easy.

ok i have no idea how to wire subs off the top of my head, i have just used charts. i have gathered 2 diff wiring picstures for wiring a 2ohm dvc sub down to 1ohm. one is from rockford fosgate and the other is from the jl audio website. they show different ways of wiring it. where do i go from here?

12ohmdvc1ohm.th.gif

dvcparallel1.th.gif

They are both the same....

+ to + to +

- to - to -

All Wired in Parallel....

Series would jack the impeadence back up...