mwerling1212

hometheater/game room subwoofer

to ku40, the top of the desk is the limit for my height of the box, so if i made it down firing, i would need to subtract some for the space needed under the driver, making the box smaller.

to m5, would pillows or stuffing help since the bracing will take up a couple cubes?

to oldschool, I know it is a little overkill but i already have the woofer from my car, and thought that i could get a 12.8 cube box under my desk. I might consider a sealed box, but if i can build a ported box it would be that much better.

thanks for all of the input guys.

LMFAO 12.8 cuft box is like a coffin.

I'd try a sono-tube box for home project. MUCH lighter, no flex if you have thick top and bottomm, and you can finish it to look like a large pillar in the corner of your room.

the only up-side is that it doesn't take a crazy deep port to tune 12ft down low.

Edited by hispls

to ku40, the top of the desk is the limit for my height of the box, so if i made it down firing, i would need to subtract some for the space needed under the driver, making the box smaller.

to m5, would pillows or stuffing help since the bracing will take up a couple cubes?

to oldschool, I know it is a little overkill but i already have the woofer from my car, and thought that i could get a 12.8 cube box under my desk. I might consider a sealed box, but if i can build a ported box it would be that much better.

thanks for all of the input guys.

LMFAO 12.8 cuft box is like a coffin.

I'd try a sono-tube box for home project. MUCH lighter, no flex if you have thick top and bottomm, and you can finish it to look like a large pillar in the corner of your room.

the only up-side is that it doesn't take a crazy deep port to tune 12ft down low.

I guess you haven't read the whole thread, the sonotube idea has already been presented and dismissed.

Im going to try and take that little drawer off if my mom lets me. that will allow for a cube or two.

If i can't get enough then ill just go sealed.

To M5, I already have the 18 from my car. i dont make enough money to pay insurance and gas so ill be getting into home audio a little for fun.