Sign in to follow this  
the mange

q or bl for sundown 1200d v.2?

Would it be better to get a fully loaded bl or q? Sundown says the new 1200 is capable of closer to 1400 given you have the electrical to back it up.

As I said in the other topic, set the gains properly and it will not be a problem. Now let's address the needs or goals of this install.

Would it be better to get a fully loaded bl or q? Sundown says the new 1200 is capable of closer to 1400 given you have the electrical to back it up.

get a BL it will gladly take 1400 watts that Q may take it but it proly wont like it very much

get a BL it will gladly take 1400 watts that Q may take it but it proly wont like it very much

I dunno, wouldn't do it daily but a fella on CA put 3540wrms to one without toasting it, said it even sounded pretty good doing it..... hit the mechanical limits before the thermals.... to the OP --- DON'T do that, the guy who did it was just doing it to be doing it, knew it was bad for it and didn't care.... if you order a Q with BP then set your gains correctly the little extra power from a sundown 1200 would probably not phase it much since it would only happen during peaks.....

Now.... what are your goals in the system? SQ or SPL.... what kind of music do you listen to, etc..... need to know facts before we can accurately answer..... most likely the BL will be your sub of choice just my guess with the first questions....

Alton makes a good point, my bad for not asking SPL or SQ???? I just say BL bc I have one in my Taurus on 2K and I beat the $hit out of it everyday and she takes with a smile on her face

Alton makes a good point, my bad for not asking SPL or SQ???? I just say BL bc I have one in my Taurus on 2K and I beat the $hit out of it everyday and she takes with a smile on her face

Basically, im looking for a powerful sq setup. My current box for my 12 ssd is ~2.5 cubes at 32 hz with 600rms, which is why im looking to just get a new 12" to take the new power. I just dont have enough experience with this kind of power to know if the q could take it without cooking. Im pleased with my current ssd's sq, so perhaps it wouldnt be a bad idea to get another ssd and build a new box around 4.5-5 cubes? only problem with that would be fitting it in my trunk (vw passat sedan).

The current offer for the q with free bp power is very attractive, but how would the q compare to the 2 ssd option given i have enough room for them?

And what is the approximate power handling of the q with bp power?

Basically, im looking for a powerful sq setup. My current box for my 12 ssd is ~2.5 cubes at 32 hz with 600rms, which is why im looking to just get a new 12" to take the new power. I just dont have enough experience with this kind of power to know if the q could take it without cooking. Im pleased with my current ssd's sq, so perhaps it wouldnt be a bad idea to get another ssd and build a new box around 4.5-5 cubes? only problem with that would be fitting it in my trunk (vw passat sedan).

The current offer for the q with free bp power is very attractive, but how would the q compare to the 2 ssd option given i have enough room for them?

And what is the approximate power handling of the q with bp power?

The Q's are built to be low end SQ monsters... if you're going for a powerful SQ setup then the Q will do you very well, the Q with the BP option and that 1200D will get along very well together IMO... now, compared to 2 SSD's it probably wouldn't be as loud on the same power, as the 2 will have more cone surface area...... If you're currently pleased with the SQ of the SSD you have then two SSD's will most likely give you what you're looking for.... my lil bro is running his SSD 18 alone on a Sundown 1200 and isn't having any issues at all, very loud, linear and clear....

Sign in to follow this