Sign in to follow this  
kryptonitewhite

hdc3 btl death penalty Lv5 mayhem havoc DD friend gettn in the game wa

got a buddy that wants to get a good loud system, looking for a good 18" for loud daily probably in the $500 - $600 range give or take. Vehicle is undetermined for now, most likely an SUV, possibly a small hatchback sports car, either way will slot port and tune around 35Hz. probably get a HO alt, 2 AGM batts, and a BXi2608D as I've learned thats the best cheap way to go.

Fully loaded BTL daily option is what we're lookin at now, but want to know what else is in this category?

Thanks all!

Krypto

got a buddy that wants to get a good loud system, looking for a good 18" for loud daily probably in the $500 - $600 range give or take. Vehicle is undetermined for now, most likely an SUV, possibly a small hatchback sports car, either way will slot port and tune around 35Hz. probably get a HO alt, 2 AGM batts, and a BXi2608D as I've learned thats the best cheap way to go.

Fully loaded BTL daily option is what we're lookin at now, but want to know what else is in this category?

Thanks all!

Krypto

$500-$600 for the 18 or for the whole sys?

Thanks all!

Krypto

Just for the sub man.

no need for a loaded btl if you plan on getting a hifonics amp. look into getting a rd 3250v1 same board as the saz3k they go used for around 450 used much better option

AQ makes some nice amps, (nicer than hifonics for sure), and they're not too expensive, although if the cash is there for the sundown, then go with that.

Thanks all!

Krypto

I surely hope so.

If you are going to do it right the first time, you might as well buy something of higher quality. Cheapest is not always the best route.

Thanks all!

Krypto

sub

Thanks all!

Krypto

Just for the sub man.

lolz eh

no need for a loaded btl if you plan on getting a hifonics amp. look into getting a rd 3250v1 same board as the saz3k they go used for around 450 used much better option

only $100 more I can see, but if not, what daily SPL sub would do the best off the cheap HiFon/AP3000D/AQ2200D?

AQ makes some nice amps, (nicer than hifonics for sure), and they're not too expensive, although if the cash is there for the sundown, then go with that.

actually it seems a heated debate between AP/AQ/HiFon.. far as Im concerned, theyre all 3 close for the price. Obviously sundown is in a higher league, and that is reflected in price, otherwise I'd have said "off a SAZ 3000, 3500, or 4500D" ;)

Thanks all!

Krypto

I surely hope so.

If you are going to do it right the first time, you might as well buy something of higher quality. Cheapest is not always the best route.

cant aford higher quality, so, how about stepping down from BTL to something more affordable with amp combo?

Thanks guys!