slammedsilverado

amp rack help

im currently at a stand still with my build. i fabbed up a amp rack last night, but it just doesnt look as clean as i was wanting it. if there is anybody that can possibly show me some pictures of their amp racks, it would be greatly appreciated. im looking for more sleek clean finish. (round over edges, plexiglass over amp,,etc) just looking for ideas. forgot to mention, i have 2 soundstream tarantula 1000d going behind each seat in my reg. cab silverado

Edited by slammedsilverado

Post pictures of yours so people can see the direction your headed in and probably be able to help you with your current design.

DSCI1300-1.jpg

thats what i have so far. i was kinda happy at first, but then i thought it wouldnt look good. im going for the more clean and sleek look. i like the whole look of amp racks with some plexi over it and rounded edges, etc.

Mine is far from looking clean as Im nowhere near done but a clean vinyl or leather would look good too. Maybe slightly recessed also?

Mine is far from looking clean as Im nowhere near done but a clean vinyl or leather would look good too. Maybe slightly recessed also?

im completely doing away with the amp rack i pictured. its just i dont want to do a half ass amp rack, and have a nice center console box.

im completely doing away with the amp rack i pictured. its just i dont want to do a half ass amp rack, and have a nice center console box.

I wasnt talking about using that though. I should have said that.

Heres my amp rack..got it semi done a week ago. Still have to put glass around it but have to wait untill the fan arrives

a>

still cant figure out how to do it. im starting to get pissed. ive already gone through an entire sheet of MDF today. can anybody help me?

Draw out designs first before wasting wood even though your getting practice. Instead of using wood use cardboard to shape out how the drawing is and pick one then cut it out of wood. Just my .02

Draw out designs first before wasting wood even though your getting practice. Instead of using wood use cardboard to shape out how the drawing is and pick one then cut it out of wood. Just my .02

X2

Just take time drawing it out first.

I dont know if this was asked but how many amps do you have?

why dont you like your first one?

Alright nevermind my bad I didnt read the last part

why dont you do two levels like i have (as you can see I have a 100.4 on top and 3000D on bottom) Im just throwing off ideas. hah

X2

Just take time drawing it out first.

I dont know if this was asked but how many amps do you have?

why dont you like your first one?

all together i have 3 amps. im only wanting to show 2, which are for the subs. i have a general idea of how i want it to look. just having a hard time getting the wood to bend. i know how to cut the grooves in it. its just not wanting to bend.