b34tBoX

What HO Alternator to get?

Hey guys, going to be replacing my "200a" alternator, why, because well, I just found out that it reaches it's peak at 5000rpm..lmao

Anyways, new system will be ~2500RMS with a total of 260a's of fuses. 200 (mono) + 60 (2chan)

What size alternator should I be looking at, would a 200a that reaches peak @ 1500rpm be OK? Or should I go bigger?

Edited by b34tBoX

i would get a 260 alt. What vehicle do you have? If possible, i recommend Iraggi

i would get a 260 alt. What vehicle do you have? If possible, i recommend Iraggi

2001 Grand Prix.

I somewhat was looking for cheaper alternatives to Iraggi. Excessive Amperage being my 2nd choice.

But I JUST found this new company. DB Electrical. http://stores.shop.ebay.ca/DB-Electrical-Starters-Alternators

They say their alts reach peak amperage @ 1200rpm.

After a little research, the reviews seem to be really good on the DB's. Off-road guys for their winches and other car audio guys..

But it seems the highest rated for my vehicle they provide is 220a. EA has 225a, I talked with Nate.

I think I would be OK with either since I really had no problems with my old "200a" alt and ~1500RMS.

Edited by b34tBoX

DC Power Alternators, give them a call and tell them phi (pronounced fee) told you to call them. They will hook you up.

understand that some alt companys rate thair RPM at the revalutions of the ALT pully its self.... not the RPM of the motor... understand what im trying to say?

I have a 200amp DB electrical Alternator. Alot of people love them alot of people hate them. I have had mine for about 9 months and havent gave me a bit of trouble. So its really up to you.

Edited by Enellz

understand that some alt companys rate thair RPM at the revalutions of the ALT pully its self.... not the RPM of the motor... understand what im trying to say?

The alt. I have now which puts out 200a @ 5k, is engine RPM. =[

DC Power Alternators, give them a call and tell them phi (pronounced fee) told you to call them. They will hook you up.

I'm going to get a DC Power alt but do they make 300amp alts, Or do they make a custom one if you ask?

I'm going to get a DC Power alt but do they make 300amp alts, Or do they make a custom one if you ask?

It depends on the vehicle and since nobody here works for them you we couldnt tell you, just contact them and ask them personally.