jerjerbinx

SPL and DAILY

I dont understand how you cant figure it out by FI's definition:

"Simply put, if you plan on listening to any type of music you MUST choose the daily option. If it is strictly for a fart/burp scenario then choose the SPL option. The reason we have these options is the gap tolerances between the two are different. The gap in the SPL woofer is much tighter and FAR less forgiving in comparison to the Daily option. The Daily option simply gives the coil more wiggle room inside of the gap to deal with the non-linearity tendancys that you can get into when you are using a sub in a daily driving scenario. Typically SPL applications deal with 1 note and it does not change, therefore we can make the gap much tighter and get all of the motor strength that we can out of it."

there is a gap that the former sits in and the sub rides up and down like a... nvm

Anyways, in a daily sub, this gap is large to accept the tolerances of abuse and most importantly the range of frequencies that the sub must accept at any given time making the movement not as linear as u think it is.

In competition, there is usually only 1 note played at a time. Because of this, the gap is smaller to concentrate more force to the sub itself. With a single note being played, the movement is far more linear.

Even if competing, choose daily if u wish to use it for musical playback.

I may have thrown some terminology around but i got the idea out there anyways.

there is a gap that the former sits in and the sub rides up and down like a... nvm

Anyways, in a daily sub, this gap is large to accept the tolerances of abuse and most importantly the range of frequencies that the sub must accept at any given time making the movement not as linear as u think it is.

In competition, there is usually only 1 note played at a time. Because of this, the gap is smaller to concentrate more force to the sub itself. With a single note being played, the movement is far more linear.

Even if competing, choose daily if u wish to use it for musical playback.

I may have thrown some terminology around but i got the idea out there anyways.

Nice Explanation. It's Like Sex. Lol.