Sign in to follow this  
Don Ganso

DCONS for a friend

So, a friend of mine is looking for some good bass in his car. He has tried many things, and I don't think he is looking in the right place. He currently has 2 12 Kenwood KFCs in a sealed box, but has also had pioneer 10s, (the gray ones from wal-mart), and visonik 10s and 12s. The problem with the Kenwoods is that they don't hit the lows he is looking for. I was hoping to help him sell the Kenwoods and was thinking of steering him towards the DCONS, (budgeted install... budget is probably what he can get for the kenwoods and 1 10inch pioneer and his amp, a sony 220 gtx). I think that he wants to be plenty loud, but still sound good on a low budget.

The vehicle is a Dodge Neon

He is in the process of doing the big 3 with 1/0 AWG

Maybe looking into the 2 10s or 2 12s and Sundown 125.2 in the store on here...

Suggestions?

If installed properly, and with a quality box, either combo (pair of 10's or pair of 12's), can sound excellent and have loads of output. Very hard to beat the quality for the money with that combo. ;) If output is a priority, I would suggest going with the 12's and porting them. If you can fit a 3.0-3.25 cube box after port and driver displacement, they will be right at home. :fing34:

Any possibility of finding something as nice as the DCONS or with the DCONS and a different amp for less $$$? It's not like money is the only issue, otherwise there'd be no system in the first place, but do you know of anything else? If not, then it just means a longer wait, but that is fine; better than getting something of low quality, (not ssa).

You could do a pair of SVC4 ohm Dcon's with a Sundown 50.4 and bridge it to 2 channels for a few dollars less.

Try to buy ONE dcon first, with a good box.

For the amp, you can also try a used one if you're on a budget.

but you need power, so look for the most powerful you can for your money : you will find advices on what to run, here.

After that, you will see if he needs a second sub.

Just my 2 cents.

O.K. thanks everyone, I'll run that by him.