Lifted07Duramax

Quick need help deciding

So I have a 2007 crew cab silverado which is limited to what I can put under the seat

Would you guys go with 3 8" SA-8s or 1 12" Fi BL with all upgrades in a ported box?

I listen to rock, country and some alternative.

I like hard hitting bass with the ability to get a deep rumble

I see the SA-8s have a pretty good xmax compared to most 8s so will this allow it to hit deeper than most other 8s?

Need to know today because of the sale going on on the SA-8s

Not sure you can fit either. Perhaps a remeasure is in order. Box size would be REALLY helpful.

I'm not sure what deep rumble you're talking about with the music you listen to.

I'd choose the 8s. A friend of mine's dad put four 8s in a sealed box behind his backseat in his silverado. Can't remember if it was crew cab or just extended cab though.

i would also go with the 8s bc then u can mount them comfortably under the seat.

55” long, 14” deep and height under the seat is slanted so it goes like this 9” at front 7.5” in middle and 5.5” at the back

Now I know I can get .5” more height from lifting the seat POSSIBLY .75” more in height

so how much air space does that give me, including the port that needs to go in the box

55” long, 14” deep and height under the seat is slanted so it goes like this 9” at front 7.5” in middle and 5.5” at the back

Now I know I can get .5” more height from lifting the seat POSSIBLY .75” more in height

so how much air space does that give me, including the port that needs to go in the box

That sounds like an Ext Cab, not a Crew Cab. I thought the Crew's were smaller...

2cuft is about what you will be able to achieve.

That sounds like an Ext Cab, not a Crew Cab. I thought the Crew's were smaller...

2cuft is about what you will be able to achieve.

What part is smaller?

Its definitely a crew cab, Ive owned 5 GM trucks so I know lol

The height measurements im giving you allows for pushing up on the bottom of the seat. It doesn’t matter to me if someone back there sits on a hard seat lol. Rarely do I have a full loaded truck anyways.

Nearly exact dimensions for the NBS Chevy Ext Cab and as stated I "thought" the new Crew's were shorter.

Unless you are really keen with fiberglass and box building it is going to be tough to get more than 2cuft out of that. The port isn't trivial to build either.

A single 12 ported can be done, or the 8's run sealed but then I'd suggest different 8's.

What do you mean the port is trivial?

And why does fiberglass make the build more possible?

Im not familiar with all that stuff lol

Fiberglass will allow you to use more space. As for trivial, I said the port wasn't trivial.

I like the sound of the 8's, plus 3 of the 8's would give you more cone area than the 1 12. I would love to hear it myself

Edited by DrgUpsy

do 2 8"s that way u have enough space to go ported.

Even with two it would be cutting it close to go ported unless you use aeros. I'd go sealed with your listening preferences but Sundown says that the sa-8s are not optimal in sealed.

I am still dubious on the space you have. I'd suggest double measuring and really figuring it out exactly INCLUDING depth restrictions on the drivers before deciding.