ExplicitYourSelf

What sub is best for me?

I currently have a 12" L7 kicker DVC 4ohm With a 3.75^ 3.0cubic feet at 35hz enclosure. Im loooking into getting a subwoofer that can sound decently loud but CLEAN. The amp i have is a kicker mono amp 08 ZX 750.1. It is 2ohm stable. According to its birth sheet if i can remember correctly, it was putting out 823 rms watts. I was looking into the 12 inch lethal injection or the flat line but not sure their diffrences or what each one of these is ment for, what are your suggestions? I am a noob to this car audio stuff and dont really know what is what. Since i am looking for something that can get decently loud but soun clean. Im planning to go ported not sure how big... nor porttune but the music i listen to is hip-hop/trance/sometimes rock. I just want a sub that will pick up bass notes pretty good. I really hope i can get some help before i make an error on what i am buying. Feedback is appriiciated. T H A N K S (:

Im lost, what do you mean you want a sub that sounds clean. Have you tried a different box? Your box is too damn big, the biggest it should be is 3.25ft^3. Try a smaller box at the tuning, just my .02.

I currently have a 12" L7 kicker DVC 4ohm With a 3.75^ 3.0cubic feet at 35hz enclosure. Im loooking into getting a subwoofer that can sound decently loud but CLEAN. The amp i have is a kicker mono amp 08 ZX 750.1. It is 2ohm stable. According to its birth sheet if i can remember correctly, it was putting out 823 rms watts. I was looking into the 12 inch lethal injection or the flat line but not sure their diffrences or what each one of these is ment for, what are your suggestions? I am a noob to this car audio stuff and dont really know what is what. Since i am looking for something that can get decently loud but soun clean. Im planning to go ported not sure how big... nor porttune but the music i listen to is hip-hop/trance/sometimes rock. I just want a sub that will pick up bass notes pretty good. I really hope i can get some help before i make an error on what i am buying. Feedback is appriiciated. T H A N K S (:

[/quote

Either one of those drivers will sound more crisp than the L7. The L7 is definately not in the sound quality category if that's what you mean by sounding clean. I couldn't tell you about the output comparisons so someone else would have to answer that.

This is the same as your last damn thread. The problem with your L7 is that it wasn't put in a box that will make it shine. If you make an equally out of spec box for any Fi or IA sub it could sound just as bad if not worse. The L7 has a bad rep that is misapplied based on people not knowing what the hell they are doing. It CAN sound really good, but it takes an install to make that happen.

Fix your box and save your money, the right sub for you is not a sub but a box,.

Either one of those drivers will sound more crisp than the L7. The L7 is definately not in the sound quality category if that's what you mean by sounding clean. I couldn't tell you about the output comparisons so someone else would have to answer that.

:(

Sound Quality category? No, but neither is ANYTHING else the OP is looking at. There is NO reason the L7 can't sound clean.

This is the same as your last damn thread. The problem with your L7 is that it wasn't put in a box that will make it shine. If you make an equally out of spec box for any Fi or IA sub it could sound just as bad if not worse. The L7 has a bad rep that is misapplied based on people not knowing what the hell they are doing. It CAN sound really good, but it takes an install to make that happen.

Fix your box and save your money, the right sub for you is not a sub but a box,.

Rebuild your box! Maybe 2-2.5 c/f @35hz should work fine. I have an 8L7 in a 1.0 c/f @32hz

Yeah it's almost the same thread Lol... I guess I need to work on my box. Any other suggestions on how I should design my box? I don't want to f*** up again, I actually paid $100 for this box I have. If I get some idea of what kind of box to build I can try to make one with a friend... It will be a mission, but possible ;) Thanks for the input, more would be great :)

we already told you how to make your box, go to www.kicker.com and find the specs of the box and build it between those recommended volumes at the tuning frequency you desire and its that simple.

Kicker's box specs are geared for loud usually, not always ideal. What would really help is to understand what you currently don't like about your setup. So far we have just heard terms like clean which is rather subjective. Understanding what you don't like is the first step towards fixing it.

Sound Quality category? No, but neither is ANYTHING else the OP is looking at. There is NO reason the L7 can't sound clean.

He did mention he was looking at the flatlyne. Is that not IA's "sq woofer"? Granted the enclosure isn't correct, but i was refering to if he were to purchase a new woofer.

He did mention he was looking at the flatlyne. Is that not IA's "sq woofer"? Granted the enclosure isn't correct, but i was refering to if he were to purchase a new woofer.

It might be theirs, but it wouldn't fit into a true SQ category if that is really the goal. I am sure the OP isn't interested in that anyways.

Kicker's box specs are geared for loud usually, not always ideal. What would really help is to understand what you currently don't like about your setup. So far we have just heard terms like clean which is rather subjective. Understanding what you don't like is the first step towards fixing it.

When I meant specs I meant the recommended size that they want there sub in, not the specs that are on the manual that tell you to build your box to these dimensions.

The thing i like about it is the fact that it can get loud but, i would like my sub to pick up more bass notes. Im going to try to put it in a 2 cubic foot box at 32hz and see how that goes, what do you guys think??

You could have it from 1.75ft^3 to 3.25ft^3 @ 35Hz if you want it loud like you do now.