Sign in to follow this  
Miles

Box build for Death Penalty 12

Well i built a fiberglass box for my truck a few months ago back when i was in high school still, and it did pretty good on the meter (140.0) but i wanted to go a little louder without having to change setups completely. I decided to build a box to go where my center console was. The box itself is 1.9 cubes tuned to 33 hz (made for my new Fi Bl 12 coming in), but i decided to put in the DP for the time being. There was a noticeable difference in the sound and loudness of this box over my other one, but this one will only be used for competitions, or when i don't need a center seat (can't put the GF beside ya when this is in. haha) So i went and got it metered yesterday. Still peaked at 42 hz like my fiberglass box (which is tuned to 36 hz) and did a 143.5 on the TL, and a 145.6 on an AudioControl 170. Very very happy with these scores. Anyways, on to the pictures..

DSC01065.jpg

DSC01063.jpg

DSC01062.jpg

DSC01064.jpg

th_M4H01060.jpg

I need to get a router for my enclosures too. Thats a tight fit dude! Looks good but a liitle uncomfortable maybe?

It's actually not uncomfortable at all. It's perfect height for a center console even tho it might not look like it in the pics.. I can still reach everything fine. Only thing is tho, i had a beach towel on the floor right in front of it, and all of a sudden the sub wasn't as loud anymore wheni was going downt he road so i pulled over real quick and seen it had sucked in half of the beach towel into the port. haha..

good job. im trying to get something crazy like this im my friends reg cab s10. he doesn't have bucket seats tho...

Hey off topic question, where are you from miles? because this blazer DSC00795.jpg is from a local shop here in Missouri. i was actually gonna buy it!

Edited by Julian

Not to throw you off topic with the build, but just out of curiosity...

Why the BL over the Death Penalty? I love my BL 15 and I'm only running it on half of rated power, but it's fantastic! I was just wondering though, for a friend of course...

Just in case he catches the upgrade bug and decides to get something new... :santa:

Hey off topic question, where are you from miles? because this blazer DSC00795.jpg is from a local shop here in Missouri. i was actually gonna buy it!

I'm originally from Cherryvale, ks. I competed in the midwest spl circuit in the summer. I went to World Finals this year in tulsa because i now goto school at OSU in stillwater, OK. I actually took home 3rd place in amaetuer Psychlone class..

Not to throw you off topic with the build, but just out of curiosity...

Why the BL over the Death Penalty? I love my BL 15 and I'm only running it on half of rated power, but it's fantastic! I was just wondering though, for a friend of course...

Just in case he catches the upgrade bug and decides to get something new... :santa:

I wanted to try something new for next season. My first sub was a Bl and i always liked it, so i switched back. I just got my new 09 Bl in today and withou even being broken in it's already louder than the DP in the center box.

I had a good feeling you were from near me I'm located in liberty mo which is ~15 mins from Kansas city i was going to purchase that blazer extreme for about 8 grand but it was walled off and a little too much for me was just gonna come with batteries and the subs.

nice built

am tryin to post a pic how do u do it from my pic document

nice built

am tryin to post a pic how do u do it from my pic document

You have to post your pic on a hosting website like Photobucket, or something,then post it on here.

And to Julian, that was a very nice and loud blazer. If it had the TSNS 18's in it that it had at finals that woulda been a good deal. Then again, 8k isn't so hot when your talking about a vehicle that's now worthless and "tore up".