JammerJ

Component Set

You know we go through this with everybody who ask a question, we pull out all the stops and now that we now he doesnt want to go active for the money we moved on (nobody is forcing him neither). Just like we tell everybody else who comes on here asking about what component set to get, go out to shops and listen to see what you like. Somebody might come on here and say they like these speakers because there loud and you might not agree or vice versa. So this topic is up in the air until you find some speakers that fit your listening level output wise and sound preference wise.

I said I wanted to go passive on the first post...If you can't help me and have nothing to offer as a suggestion, then don't bother reponding. All I'm looking for is a suggestion, not a lecture saying I should go active.

Well you could also go use the search feature, see how many component set topics are created and see what we tell them. The exact same we are telling you know so all this could of been avoided with a little extra work on your own, check out the thread you posted this topic in and see the other topics made just like this one.

You know what else cold have been avoided? The talk about going active, seeing as I posted that I'm sticking to passive in the first post.

Your not getting it regardless if someone offers you a suggestion, it may not be for your needs. If you can read then you will notice I gave you a suggestion, go read all the same similar topics that are made just like yours and read what people typed. If you are looking for a good front stage that can get loud the way you want it may or may not be able to be had for the budget you have available. Bro im a grown ass man I will respond where I choose and how I choose, just like the rules say if you dont like an answer you get tough love it is part of asking a question. Stop getting emotional and be grateful people are trying to help you.

Your not getting it regardless if someone offers you a suggestion, it may not be for your needs. If you can read then you will notice I gave you a suggestion, go read all the same similar topics that are made just like yours and read what people typed. If you are looking for a good front stage that can get loud the way you want it may or may not be able to be had for the budget you have available. Bro im a grown ass man I will respond where I choose and how I choose, just like the rules say if you dont like an answer you get tough love it is part of asking a question. Stop getting emotional and be grateful people are trying to help you.

Ok and that's why i listed what I wanted in the beginning, so I didn't have to look through lots of pages and thousands of posts in order to find the right set. I don't have the time a "grown ass man" like yourself has. Stop responding, you're no help at all, go on with your "grown ass man" duties.

Ok and that's why i listed what I wanted in the beginning, so I didn't have to look through lots of pages and thousands of posts in order to find the right set. I don't have the time a "grown ass man" like yourself has. Stop responding, you're no help at all, go on with your "grown ass man" duties.

:popcorn:

Well Im glad you two school girls are sticking together its cute, real cute (Im glad you have a boo on here to help his baby out). But for real if you want some real help, the best way is to help yourself and check out other pages that have plenty of recommendations out there. You can tell if a topic will get a lot of responses from a good title (not duplicated and seen often) with good info to start. Oh yeah these are my grown man duties when I have free time which is all day long ( I got it like that). Have fun searching.

Well Im glad you two school girls are sticking together its cute, real cute (Im glad you have a boo on here to help his baby out). But for real if you want some real help, the best way is to help yourself and check out other pages that have plenty of recommendations out there. You can tell if a topic will get a lot of responses from a good title (not duplicated and seen often) with good info to start. Oh yeah these are my grown man duties when I have free time which is all day long ( I got it like that). Have fun searching.

Lmao.

:popcorn: - was @ you both and i simply stated the obvious because I am sick and tired of everyone convincing people to go active when most of them have never tuned an active system themselves. Active is very involved and most people will fudge up their system because they wont know where to xover, which mids and tweets to match, how to eq properly, etc. For the beginner a passive system is fine until they become more knowledgeable about how things work.

and btw

arguing1.jpg

Im not arguing with this dude, I wouldnt even call that a debate (just friendly fire). I love having fun with people on the internet since they get emotional quick and cant control there words after like its serious. I do know what you mean by the going active thing which can be a pain but the easiest thing to accomplish. Has he heard your components yets? If so what are his thoughts on them?

Jesus fnucking christ! Look man, all I was trying to do was get an understanding of whats what. Nobody is trying to force shit on you or tell you how to hook up your system. You can run passive and buy as many speakers as you want. Its your ride.

Can everyone please chill out so I don't have to lock the thread!

The thing I think we are all getting at is peoples ears are all different. What one person may like will be different from others. What someone calls "loud" wont be loud to someone else. And if you go by what someone says and waste money on getting it, then by all means listen to what people say.

But honestly I have been searching for awhile for some speakers to replace my phoenix gold components (which are actually great bang for the buck and handle 125rms) but the main two things I read are:

1. Go active. Research and accomplish this and you will get a great sounding front stage.

2. Go to a shop and listen to their selection of speakers and see what is "loud" but also clear. Not muddy. Not too high on the highs. Not too sharp but clear. Ive had people say their comps are the best as being loud and yes they were loud in a sense but the tweets were TOO harsh for my ears and weren't for me. So this is why I go to audio shops (usually high end) and listen to the different brands and see which ones are suitable for my liking and also loud.

3. 3-way setup but this is also kind of advanced and usually requires fabrication and such.

Those are what I get out of this forum but also other forums as well. I guess it is just annoying to others because I have literally seen "which component" threads in the last 2-3 weeks almost pop up every week. So to people who have been long time members it may just start to get at you.

But to each his own.

Lets be civil. And lets get back to the passion of car audio.

But yea check out the phoenix gold rsd65cs they are relatively cheap and sound great.

Josh is going to listen to the midbasses on saturday. I need to clean out the voice coil first because they sound like ass as of now (scratchiness). I told him to get the id 6.5s depending on if he likes mine or not. All the polks I have heard have sounded amazing. The only problem is, nobody really sells polk around where we live and there isnt too many shops around us to listen to speakers. If it was as easy as going to a shop there would be no need to post. That is why he is asking everyone what there opinions are on speakers and what they think sounds good based on experience.

The thing I think we are all getting at is peoples ears are all different. What one person may like will be different from others. What someone calls "loud" wont be loud to someone else. And if you go by what someone says and waste money on getting it, then by all means listen to what people say.

But honestly I have been searching for awhile for some speakers to replace my phoenix gold components (which are actually great bang for the buck and handle 125rms) but the main two things I read are:

1. Go active. Research and accomplish this and you will get a great sounding front stage.

2. Go to a shop and listen to their selection of speakers and see what is "loud" but also clear. Not muddy. Not too high on the highs. Not too sharp but clear. Ive had people say their comps are the best as being loud and yes they were loud in a sense but the tweets were TOO harsh for my ears and weren't for me. So this is why I go to audio shops (usually high end) and listen to the different brands and see which ones are suitable for my liking and also loud.

3. 3-way setup but this is also kind of advanced and usually requires fabrication and such.

Those are what I get out of this forum but also other forums as well. I guess it is just annoying to others because I have literally seen "which component" threads in the last 2-3 weeks almost pop up every week. So to people who have been long time members it may just start to get at you.

But to each his own.

Lets be civil. And lets get back to the passion of car audio.

But yea check out the phoenix gold rsd65cs they are relatively cheap and sound great.

:drink40:

Lmao.

:popcorn: - was @ you both and i simply stated the obvious because I am sick and tired of everyone convincing people to go active when most of them have never tuned an active system themselves. Active is very involved and most people will fudge up their system because they wont know where to xover, which mids and tweets to match, how to eq properly, etc. For the beginner a passive system is fine until they become more knowledgeable about how things work.

and btw

arguing1.jpg

You know what Im sick and tired of...people responding to posts without reading them first. I wasnt forcing shit on this guy. There wasnt a single sentence that said,"you should go active". I was asking questions to get more info. I didnt understand a few things at first but they are surely cleared up now. By the time I respond to some of these posts, its a little late. Probably just like now.

Can everyone please chill out so I don't have to lock the thread!

:No: - ahahaha j/p

The only components that I do like are Focals (Pioneer was ok, MB Quart was ok, Kicker was ok) but as far as getting loud and clear while being smooth goes I would choose the Focal Polyglass set but that's what I like and prefer but I dont want any components in my car. Just my .02

The only components that I do like are Focals (Pioneer was ok, MB Quart was ok, Kicker was ok) but as far as getting loud and clear while being smooth goes I would choose the Focal Polyglass set but that's what I like and prefer but I dont want any components in my car. Just my .02

I was looking at focals but they are very expensive.

You know what Im sick and tired of...people responding to posts without reading them first. I wasnt forcing shit on this guy. There wasnt a single sentence that said,"you should go active". I was asking questions to get more info. I didnt understand a few things at first but they are surely cleared up now. By the time I respond to some of these posts, its a little late. Probably just like now.

If not, why not active? - stated he want passive

Have you looked into a used 125.2? Like this. SAX125.2 used - budget = 150-250 total

I know that. I meant buying another. If you have the money to buy more speakers, then why not an amp? = once again budget = 150-250 total

This was all said by you on 3 different occasions after he said he didnt want active, he didnt have the money to go active, .... hes not going active. He simply wants recommendations on components.

I am done arguing and am going to bed :ban2:

Wow. Nice taste. :drink40: Same ones?

Btw, I doubt a real "grown ass man" would resort to a comment like that...it basically shows your level of maturity, and it's obviously really low.

Your still going on about it, glad I got under your skin enough for you to keep responding to me (haha). Now you got some recommendations and your still on this pissing contest we had which I won :woot: , get over yourself. Just like Denim said let it go but you are still running your mouths like , not going to say it since the Mod said let it go but yall get the picture.

Dude let it go so your topic can stay open and you can get more recommendations.

If not, why not active? - stated he want passive

Have you looked into a used 125.2? Like this. SAX125.2 used - budget = 150-250 total

I know that. I meant buying another. If you have the money to buy more speakers, then why not an amp? = once again budget = 150-250 total

This was all said by you on 3 different occasions after he said he didnt want active, he didnt have the money to go active, .... hes not going active. He simply wants recommendations on components.

I am done arguing and am going to bed :ban2:

The first one is a question to understand a few things, guy. The next two were a little late to respond but still reverberating ideas. I know what I say because Im here typing when I say it, so theres no need in telling me that. You shouldnt be so quick to shoot off your mouth about what comes out of mine. Good night! :roller:

Your still going on about it, glad I got under your skin enough for you to keep responding to me (haha). Now you got some recommendations and your still on this pissing contest we had which I won :woot: , get over yourself. Just like Denim said let it go but you guys are still running your mouths like **************, not going to say it since the Mod said let it go but yall get the picture.

Dude let it go so your topic can stay open and you can get more recommendations.

You didnt get under my skin, I'm enjoying this. Its fun to show people theyre idiots. Now I think everyone would appreciate it if we stuck to my topic. So Jay-cee and bigrank916 should basically stop theyre ranting.

But your still typing to me and name calling, it shows young lady that your emotions got touched in some way (ahh poor baby it's gonna be ok). Good luck on finding a loud component set with a cheap budget. :santa: