Sign in to follow this  
1hotc6

Which One?

I have been a fan of Fi for a while now and want to put a system in my 07 corvette. I will have enough room in the hatch for 2 12" subs but I am unsure of which ones to buy. I will listen to hip-hop and rap music. I will dynamat the entire car also before the install. I want the bass to be louder than piss, yet still maintain the highest level of cleanliness. I dont like bass that gets distorted when it is turned up. Which would be the best sub to go with? I guess this could also mean, if i get the BTLs can they be tuned to be super clear and very responsive. I will never put this in a competition unless its in a parking lot with a buddy and a couple friends watching. (nothing serious). Any help is ggreatly appreciated1

...Corvette...That's Different.

Sounds Like You Don't Want Full On Sound Quality, I'd Make Some Serious Front Stage Improvements Either Way.

I Vote BL's, You Don't Need Something To Ruin Your Little Investment There, Lol.

Piss On Dynamat, Unless It's Xtreme, But Even Then I'd Rather Go With Second Skin Damplifier Pro Or RAAM.

Fyi: Best Driver Is Subjective, We Can't Tell What You Like, And It'll Be Hard For You To Tell If You've Never Heard Them In Person. Highly Doubt You Wanna Run 6kw In A Vette Though. Your Sound Will Not Be Distorted Either If Your Amp/Headunit Is Set Correctly And You Don't Slap Them In A Fart-box.

I have been a fan of Fi for a while now and want to put a system in my 07 corvette. I will have enough room in the hatch for 2 12" subs but I am unsure of which ones to buy. I will listen to hip-hop and rap music. I will dynamat the entire car also before the install. I want the bass to be louder than piss, yet still maintain the highest level of cleanliness. I dont like bass that gets distorted when it is turned up. Which would be the best sub to go with? I guess this could also mean, if i get the BTLs can they be tuned to be super clear and very responsive. I will never put this in a competition unless its in a parking lot with a buddy and a couple friends watching. (nothing serious). Any help is ggreatly appreciated1

What is your budget, what amps are you getting ifyou dont have any? What electrical upgrades will you do if any? The sound of the sub will come from the box and has nothing to do with the sub itself, it does what you tell it to in the environment you have it in.

What is your budget, what amps are you getting ifyou dont have any? What electrical upgrades will you do if any? The sound of the sub will come from the box and has nothing to do with the sub itself, it does what you tell it to in the environment you have it in.

x2 (Haha, I Beat You.) Lmao.

I cant believe nobody asked but how much room is in that hatch? You will need at the bare minimum 3.5ft3 for two 12" BTLs. More like 6ft3 for an optimum size at rms power.

I would also ask the same questions about power upgrades, amps, etc. X2 on the front stage upgrades.

I cant believe nobody asked but how much room is in that hatch? You will need at the bare minimum 3.5ft3 for two 12" BTLs. More like 6ft3 for an optimum size at rms power.

I would also ask the same questions about power upgrades, amps, etc. X2 on the front stage upgrades.

Yeah you got me BigC by one funky minute. I was gonna ask him about the size area in the hatch but he says he had enough room for two 12"s and believed him. Hopefully he is one of those individuals who actually measured his trunk instead of looking in there and guessing.

Yes I measured the trunk first haha. One of my good friends worked for VDO for a long time and he suggested I run 1 Hifonics amp for the two subs, he said we could run this with plenty of power without an extra altenator or battery. I will also custom make the box. I was thinking about housing the amps in clear plexiglass with some back lighting. I will likely upgrade to mb quartz for the frontstage speakers.

Yes I measured the trunk first haha. One of my good friends worked for VDO for a long time and he suggested I run 1 Hifonics amp for the two subs, he said we could run this with plenty of power without an extra altenator or battery. I will also custom make the box. I was thinking about housing the amps in clear plexiglass with some back lighting. I will likely upgrade to mb quartz for the frontstage speakers.

What kind of Hifonics amp?

Btw, plexi is expensive but for some reason I dont think you care about that.

By the way welcome and glad you could join us :wavey5:.

Ok well it sounds like you have alot planned out and going down a good route unlike others on this forums who just started posting here. What is VDO if you dont mind me asking?

I was going to let him decide on the amp, hince I am not an expert with wiring and elictricity. I could also use arcrylic instread of plexi if there was that much of difference.

I was going to let him decide on the amp, hince I am not an expert with wiring and elictricity. I could also use arcrylic instread of plexi if there was that much of difference.

Im not sure how much of a difference it is. What is your budget for the amp?

Budget is for the one that will work the best. That is the clearest and will be able to crank up at times and not have to worry.

Like I thought, there isnt a budget huh? We really like these kinds of builds.

If it was me, I would go all out with a h/o alt, big 3 in 1/0, 4k+ rms amp, several runs of 1/0, etc. How nice are you looking to go?

I would say take a look at Sundown amps since they do rated power and then some, the best thing besides the performance and customer service is you get rated power at 12 volts unlike most amps where you get it at 14volts (if you can keep that steady the whole time while bumping then you will see rated power).

I would say take a look at Sundown amps since they do rated power and then some, the best thing besides the performance and customer service is you get rated power at 12 volts unlike most amps where you get it at 14volts (if you can keep that steady the whole time while bumping then you will see rated power).

Which is sick!!! :santa:

If it was me, I would go all out with a h/o alt, big 3 in 1/0, 4k+ rms amp, several runs of 1/0, etc. How nice are you looking to go?

why to run double the reccommended power to these subs?

why to run double the reccommended power to these subs?

Its not double. You said two, right? 2k rms each.

2 BLs I doubt I will go with BTLs because it would seemingly be a waste I think. They requre less airspace as well as a smaller mounting depth, both which are at a premium for the vette.

2 BLs I doubt I will go with BTLs because it would seemingly be a waste I think. They requre less airspace as well as a smaller mounting depth, both which are at a premium for the vette.

Thats why I quoted the BTL specs. You never mentioned the BLs. Why would you think its a waste? Just curious. 6.7" compared to 7.2" mounting depth. Thats a tight fit if you are looking to pick up that amount of space. The volume difference is only about .5cuft also.

its gonna be a tight fit anyways, so i need all the extra room I can get. In that small of a hatch the difference for my needs are more likely suited for the BLs. They are also about a hundred dollars cheaper, and I can save a whole cubic foot of airspace as well.

its gonna be a tight fit anyways, so i need all the extra room I can get. In that small of a hatch the difference for my needs are more likely suited for the BLs. They are also about a hundred dollars cheaper, and I can save a whole cubic foot of airspace as well.

Ok. So you are lookin at a 2k rms amp, right? If you would like we can help you find an amp but you havent given a budget for it. You said "Budget is for the one that will work the best. That is the clearest and will be able to crank up at times and not have to worry" and that is all.

I'd Get A Refurbed SAZ-3000D Or A SAZ-3500 And Just Set The Gains Correctly.

I Remember Scott Saying They Can Handle 2krms Fully Loaded, (If I Were You, I Wouldn't, Gain Down Just A Tad.) I Had Roughly 1850 Watts RMS To Mine With The SAZ-1500D, All Day. (Old Version, Too.)

If That Guy Reccommends A Hifonics Amp To You, Drop Him Like A Steaming Sack Of Shit.

If You're Running A Little On The Small Side As Far As The Enclosure Goes, You Can Use That Extra Power. (Which I Believe You Will.)

Edited by BigCProductions99

If That Guy Reccommends A Hifonics Amp To You, Drop Him Like A Steaming Sack Of Shit.

:lol2:

:lol2:

It's True Though, I Hate Maxxsonics.

Hell, I've Got An Old Crunch PZI-1000.1 I'll Give Away For Just The Shipping Price If Anyone Wants It, Otherwise I'll Burn It.

Sign in to follow this