Sign in to follow this  
SynCity

How do you remove carpet from a box?

i dont like the way the carpet is and i'm goign to change it. how do i go upon removing the "old" carpet? is there any secrets or anything?

i dont like the way the carpet is and i'm goign to change it. how do i go upon removing the "old" carpet? is there any secrets or anything?

I guess it depends on how it was applied. Was it stapled on? Or was it glued on, by say like 3M 77 super adhesive? If its the latter, Id say its going to be a bitch. It will most likely leave a layer on the enclosure so you might have to sand it off.

I guess it depends on how it was applied. Was it stapled on? Or was it glued on, by say like 3M 77 super adhesive? If its the latter, Id say its going to be a bitch. It will most likely leave a layer on the enclosure so you might have to sand it off.

That is exactly what happened to my box when I took the carpet off, it left some of the carpet on there. So it took alot scrapped and sanding to get it off, so it will be a tough task to accomplish and will take several days if not more (depending how much time and effort you put into it).

Ive always just pulled the old carpet off. Pretty simple to me and usually only leaves the box a little hairy. I just spray some more 3m adhesive over it and lay new carpet down.

In the past I have let the box sit outside on a cold night to help make the removal process easier (cold temps will help make the adhesive release). So depending on where you live this might help.