Sign in to follow this  
jerjerbinx

saz 2k or saz 3.5k

I could get a saz-2000d right now for my 18'' BTL fully loaded

Should i take the 2k or wait maybe for a 3 or 3.5k one.

Would there be a big difference?

Thanks

Thanks

Yeah there would be a difference your talking about upgrading from 1000 watts to 1500 watts :Doh: . But it all depends: on box size, mechanical limit of sub, the wisdom of the user to control the volume knob wisely, using the gain knob conservatively, for how long and how much power you plan on throwing at the sub; if you can listen, smell or see signs of stress in the sub. I would just go with the 2000 and be happy unless your a serious competitior (but if you were a serious competitor then you wouldnt be asking this question neither) then go for the bigger amp IMO.

Thanks

Yeah there would be a difference your talking about upgrading from 1000 watts to 1500 watts :duh:. But it all depends: on box size, mechanical limit of sub, the wisdom of the user to control the volume knob wisely, using the gain knob conservatively, for how long and how much power you plan on throwing at the sub; if you can listen, smell or see signs of stress in the sub. I would just go with the 2000 and be happy unless your a serious competitior (but if you were a serious competitor then you wouldnt be asking this question neither) then go for the bigger amp IMO.

I would recommend the SAZ 2000D just because these amps put out rated power plus more

Unless your chasing tenths on a meter there is no reason to put more then rated to the sub. Go with the SAZ-2000D.

Thanks

With almost double the power the 3.5k amp should be audibly louder. You have to decide if you want to spend the money to upgrade your alternator and add batteries plus more wire and everything involved with running more power. No offense intended but since you're asking this question chances are you should familiarize yourself with 2kw first, get some experience, then move up if you want more output down the road.

Unless your chasing tenths on a meter there is no reason to put more then rated to the sub. Go with the SAZ-2000D.

X2

Also with the bigger amp comes more current draw! Make sure you have sufficient electrical upgrades!

Plus the 2000D is on sale right now! santa.gif

Sign in to follow this