Sign in to follow this  
rickandleli

Amp power ratings?

This may be a dumb question but.......i saw on another thread about the 8" @150db talking about you running it on a 3500d @1 ohm and putting about 1500-1700 to it correct? But the 3500d is rated 3500 @1. Does it put out the 15-17 due to gain and volume turned down, or what? Also, i see people talking about running .5ohm daily, what kind of power does the 3500 put out there without clipping? what about 1 ohm @ 16v?

This may be a dumb question but.......i saw on another thread about the 8" @150db talking about you running it on a 3500d @1 ohm and putting about 1500-1700 to it correct? But the 3500d is rated 3500 @1. Does it put out the 15-17 due to gain and volume turned down, or what? Also, i see people talking about running .5ohm daily, what kind of power does the 3500 put out there without clipping? what about 1 ohm @ 16v?

Point he was trying to get across was that there is a good bit of rise in the crx set up and jacob's jeep..with the 8's .....and he is being moderate on the gain ..

We also didn't turn it up all the way -- we stopped when the sub didn't want to move any farther.

Amps don't put out their full power constantly -- depends on where you set the gain, volume control, etc.

And yes, the box does have a good bit of rise too.

But the 3500d is rated 3500 @1. Does it put out the 15-17 due to gain and volume turned down, or what? Also, i see people talking about running .5ohm daily, what kind of power does the 3500 put out there without clipping? what about 1 ohm @ 16v?

I run my 3500d @ 0.5ohm daily! I get 4038@13v daily on my pair of 12's. On a burp, box rise to 1.1ohm

Edited by Eagle

Sign in to follow this