Sign in to follow this  
Soapbox

Small system Big Sound

I've got a couple of questions for ya. I recently purchased an saz1500 with the intent of running only one SA8 (d2). Which I have already purchased too. The goal is a tight musical system for daily driver. The concept for the box - install is to build box tall and set in the corner of the hatch back leaving room for groceries. I have approximately 2 cu ft to work with. I would like to have the ported box portion on top of a battery compartment using the same enclosure. Here are some questions

1. Will I have battery problems because of the vibes from the box?

2. Will 1500 be too much for one 8?

3. Is a second battery needed?

Vehicle 2009 Honda Fit

Stock HU

Stock elect

Big 3 upgraded

1500 watts for just ONE sa 8 ? It's a bit much, be careful with the gain knob.

Set the gain right where you need it.

How much power will you use? People need that information to tell you if you need a second battery.

I've got a couple of questions for ya. I recently purchased an saz1500 with the intent of running only one SA8 (d2). Which I have already purchased too. The goal is a tight musical system for daily driver. The concept for the box - install is to build box tall and set in the corner of the hatch back leaving room for groceries. I have approximately 2 cu ft to work with. I would like to have the ported box portion on top of a battery compartment using the same enclosure. Here are some questions

1. Will I have battery problems because of the vibes from the box?

2. Will 1500 be too much for one 8?

3. Is a second battery needed?

Vehicle 2009 Honda Fit

Stock HU

Stock elect

Big 3 upgraded

1. No, an AGM battery can withstand vibrations and such, I had my Xstatic Batcap 800 on my box for 2 years and no problems.

2. Hell yeah a 1500 will be too much for a 8" sub since they are only recommended to do 400rms (common sense), unless all your doing is burping the speaker. For daily that is ridiculous but it also depends if you have a D1 or D2 ohm subwoofer.

3. Yes a second battery is needed if everything in your car is stock.

Jay-cee, thanks for the reply. It narrows my concept of design; yet begs to question.

1. You mention a Xstatic Batcap 800, IYHO (in your humble opinion) would this specific batcap work well with the SAZ 1500?

As stated above I did order a D2 thus my wiring options are either 1 or 4 ohm.

2. Can I run a one 2 ohm dual and one 4 ohm dual?

2a. Is this correct I would run series/parallel (for a 1.5 ohm load)?

3. Would a 1.5 ohm load on a saz 1500 equate to approximately 1200 watts?

I don't fully understand the theory behind a battcap.

4. If I were to use a battcap would I still need an extra battery?

A batcap is a battery with a faster discharging rate, naw a 800 wouldnt be the best battery for your application. Do you plan on adding any more amps in the car?

You can only wire your sub two ways:

1 ohm

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

or

4ohms

1_2ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

I would choose the 4 ohm load option and yeah the batcap 800 would work under those circumstances but not if you ran it at 1 0hm.

Sign in to follow this