Sign in to follow this  
burton907

amp goes into prot mode if i turn?

long story short. stupid on my part. but i am in the process of getting a thing built so i can hold my box and amp down, without having to screw into the seat or false floor. so for the time being it is freely hanging out in the back of my jeep. the sub slides around alot, the amp barely moves.

well saturday night i was driving around with frineds, and went to a part of town i rarely go too, and witht he fresh snow on the ground i didn't see a speed bump (no signs...) well i hit it and i looked int he reiw view mirror, i saw my sub slide, but not really go in the air. i heard my tool box fly up, and i'm assuming my amp did too, as they were by eachother. after it landed, no more sub :(

i turned the car off and turned it back on to see if it will get off protection mode. it did, and then it would randomly cut out in a song, whether the sub is hitting or not.. i thought it was just too much power so i turned the volume down and listened to it at low volumes, then i realised that it seemed to only cut out when i turn. and i don't mean slight turns. but like if i was to turn into a driveway, it would go into prot mode. or a slight bump would cause it. even if i have no music playing, it would do that.

do i need to send it in? or can i do something myself.

fusees are fine, i haven't opened up yet, frankly i'm a little scared haha, but i wanted to get some idea's before i check it out myself... idea's? questions? i'd put my detailed info up but i'm in a rush now. quick details are:

2001 Jeep Grand cherokee Limited V8

134 stock amp

SAE 1000D

1 12" Fi Q @ 1 ohm

2.1 cuft ported box @ 31hz

stock battery

big 2 of 3 done. (amp to bat +, bat - to chassis.

long story short. stupid on my part. but i am in the process of getting a thing built so i can hold my box and amp down, without having to screw into the seat or false floor. so for the time being it is freely hanging out in the back of my jeep. the sub slides around alot, the amp barely moves.

well saturday night i was driving around with frineds, and went to a part of town i rarely go too, and witht he fresh snow on the ground i didn't see a speed bump (no signs...) well i hit it and i looked int he reiw view mirror, i saw my sub slide, but not really go in the air. i heard my tool box fly up, and i'm assuming my amp did too, as they were by eachother. after it landed, no more sub :(

i turned the car off and turned it back on to see if it will get off protection mode. it did, and then it would randomly cut out in a song, whether the sub is hitting or not.. i thought it was just too much power so i turned the volume down and listened to it at low volumes, then i realised that it seemed to only cut out when i turn. and i don't mean slight turns. but like if i was to turn into a driveway, it would go into prot mode. or a slight bump would cause it. even if i have no music playing, it would do that.

do i need to send it in? or can i do something myself.

fusees are fine, i haven't opened up yet, frankly i'm a little scared haha, but i wanted to get some idea's before i check it out myself... idea's? questions? i'd put my detailed info up but i'm in a rush now. quick details are:

2001 Jeep Grand cherokee Limited V8

134 stock amp

SAE 1000D

1 12" Fi Q @ 1 ohm

2.1 cuft ported box @ 31hz

stock battery

big 2 of 3 done. (amp to bat +, bat - to chassis.

Please read the manual next time before installing, they always say to mount your amp before playing especially driving around with it. Why rush the install just to have something to listen to in the short run but now have no bump in the long run, I guess lesson learned. If it is still under warranty I wouldnt open the amp cause that voids the warranty, plus if you dont even know what your doing or how to fix it then opening it wouldnt serve a purpose either. I would contact Jacob or db-r.com and see what they can do for you first.

I say check grounds. I think something may be breaking the connection, if it only happens when you turn.

I say check grounds. I think something may be breaking the connection, if it only happens when you turn.

x2. Check connections on the amp as well as the speaker wire to the sub. Maybe when you turn it's causing two wires on the speaker leads to short since it slides around so much.

I believe the original SAE line had a problem with vibrations if i remember right. So it definately wasn't good to have the amp not mounted. I believe jacob said he took care of that problem in the V.2. I'm not saying that's the definite problem but just something to think about. Check connections first like originally was said. Good luck