SQLMonte

Need help picking a sub or subs

Hey guys, I currently have 2 Image Dynamic ID12's in a 4 cube ported box being pushed by an AQ1200D (870rms x 1 @ 2ohms) and my box is tuned to 30Hz. I want to "upgrade" and have something that's louder, still fairly accurate, can hit the higher bass notes (current box is severely lacking in that area, but hits the lows nicely) while still being able to bang the lows too, and has a smaller footprint. My car is a 04 Monte Carlo and currently the subs/port are rear firing, no speakers in my rear deck to allow more bass into the cabin. I'm open to all suggestions as for layout and what subs to use to accomplish my goals. My budget for sub(s) is $400 maximum! My only requirement is that whatever sub(s) are used are able to be wired to a 1ohm load so I can get the full power from my AQ1200D, which is rumored to be able to put out around 1500rms. Beyond that, i'm open to suggestions.

Did you find something?!

Do you want to use the same box, with 2 subs?

Check out a 15" BL from FI Car Audio or just check out this link:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/categories/Sub-Woofers/

X2 . . . For the price, a 15" BL sounds NICE. Hit's those lows like nothing else, and SQ isn't bad at all with the BL series. Just make a good enclosure and you will NOT be disappointed. If you're just looking for pound.. You can look at the BTL series.. But the price may be a smidge over your budget. Don't get be wrong though, the BL's will give you a good shake. :drink40: Also, I've never heard them personally, but the XCON series SSA subs seem to be one hell of a sub.

Did you find something?!

Do you want to use the same box, with 2 subs?

Yeah, I think i'm going with 2 DD 2512's. I'm gonna build a custom box, although I could get away with putting the 2512's in my current box. I might just do that for shits and giggles to see how differenty they sound compared to my ID's

What do you have for a front stage? That could help with the midbass you are lacking.

Edited by DeepSubBoy

What do you have for a front stage? That could help with the midbass you are lacking.
Check my sig

You have an "install" problem then. Either tuning, electronics, box, who knows. Those subs do not have a problem there.