Sign in to follow this  

I just got my Batcap 800 today. The instructions say NOT to ground it to the chasis! Does this seem strange to anybody else? I've used caps before and have always grounded them to the chasis. It says to wire it in parallel to the amp. If it's 25% cap & 75% battery why wouldn't you ground it to the chasis? A background on my system...Optima Yellow Top (38Ah) under the hood, Big 3 (1/0), stock alt (80A), going to run 1/0 back to Batcap 800, (1999) US Amps 150X bridged to RE 10D2 in a sealed box .61 ft^3. HU is Panasonic DFX-85. This is all in a 1996 Honda Orthia (Civic wagon). I want to be able to swap my system out without too many upgrades. I have 2 O/S US Amps 200's that I want to install to power 4 RE 10D2 in a ported 5.0ft^3 box. Any thoughts on the grounding issue? Thanks in advance.

I just got my Batcap 800 today. The instructions say NOT to ground it to the chasis! Does this seem strange to anybody else? I've used caps before and have always grounded them to the chasis. It says to wire it in parallel to the amp. If it's 25% cap & 75% battery why wouldn't you ground it to the chasis? A background on my system...Optima Yellow Top (38Ah) under the hood, Big 3 (1/0), stock alt (80A), going to run 1/0 back to Batcap 800, (1999) US Amps 150X bridged to RE 10D2 in a sealed box .61 ft^3. HU is Panasonic DFX-85. This is all in a 1996 Honda Orthia (Civic wagon). I want to be able to swap my system out without too many upgrades. I have 2 O/S US Amps 200's that I want to install to power 4 RE 10D2 in a ported 5.0ft^3 box. Any thoughts on the grounding issue? Thanks in advance.

You can do it, it is not a problem (just dont leave it grounded to the chassis if you dont use the car for along time. I had mine for about 3 years grounded to the chassis with no problems.

Not A Problem Really.

Off Topic, jay-cee, Give Me An Update On How Those Beymas Sound, Last Set I Heard Was Absolute Shit. (Mostly Installation.)

Edited by BigCProductions99

What size fuse do I need from the batt to the batcap? Do I fuse for the wire size or the amp? I'm running a fused block from the batcap to my amp. Thanks again for the help.

...what is a long time...a couple hours, a day, a week, etc. This car is my daily driver. I'd hate to come out and find a dead car and 2 dead batts!

...what is a long time...a couple hours, a day, a week, etc. This car is my daily driver. I'd hate to come out and find a dead car and 2 dead batts!

Well a long time is any long sustainable time that you wont be driving your car such as season or something like a month. A week, day or couple or hours is no where considered a long time. Most batteries you are supposed to do this anyway but it doesnt have an effect like the Batcap will if stayed hooked up.

this is a prime example of not following directions, just follow the directions that came with the batcap, i would trust them before anyone else. that way if it blow up you could blame batcap, not the people here

If you connect it in parallel with the power and ground on the amp, it will still be grounded to the chassis, albeit not directly. But if it is charged by your alternator, you know it is connected to both the positive and negative(ground) sides of the system.

I believe that hooking it up in parallel with the power wires going to the amp will allow for less resistance between the Batcap and the amplifier by not going through a longer ground path.