Sign in to follow this  
sadistic

stuff that should have been pinned

Not that newbie’s are dumb. But there have been a lot of posts on here lately that if they read the pinned thread about them. It would make the post end a lot sooner or not even start

Some of those threads are what is my tuning frequency?

I like reading book and proving if they are wrong or right. So one I like is a book by old colony sound labs called loud speaker cook book. It’s a good book on the general subject of box tuning. And hay you may learn a thing or two about alignments. More then what a box calculator will teach you.

Another subject is what components should I buy?

I do not know because it is better to listen to them yourself. I for one prefer a silk non harsh tweet maybe you will like a composite tweet cause of them being brighter so do listen to other posts.

What is the rms of my amp?

If I knew I would be a genius. Reason is you have to hook it to an oscilloscope to measure rms / peak output for a good answer. All amps are different so having a different output levels from the same amp is possible.

If you think of more please post below. btw this post is not to complain about newbies.

i am not suggesting this should be pinned but at least it up here so people can read it before posting.

some general tips to add. please read the pinned articles. here are some point of what to look for in other articles and when posting.

To help you better please do not be brief. The more you post the better we can help. Such as system goals like how many db’s looking to hit. Or even sq what you are looking for in your system. Some post are thin on info, so if you are looking at subs then which ones. How much you are willing to spend, what type of box you plan on putting it in. Weather it is sealed, ported, band pass, transmission line, radiator, etc…. what type of sub configure clam shell , two facing forward , one down one up , etc… what type and how much power you plan in that enclose etc…. placement in vehicle, such as facing back in a trunk or distance from windshield in a minivan for spl. These are only suggestions so think hard when posting and before you post.

like i said is other's have more to add to help people out please do.