Sounds like a loudness feature but for a mp3 player, I wouldnt use it and if you need it then it means you need to download better quality songs.

Sounds like a loudness feature but for a mp3 player, I wouldnt use it and if you need it then it means you need to download better quality songs.

:lolup: Yeah, download better quality songs, never mind the FACT that not all cd's are recorded at the same volume level :glare:

:lolup: Yeah, download better quality songs, never mind the FACT that not all cd's are recorded at the same volume level :glare:

Anytime you use a boost it is not good for the speakers regardless the quality of the music, if the music is recorded horribly then it will still sound shitty when boosted.

I've downloaded it before don't recall if I ever used it though.

jay-cee what you don't realize is he is talking about the level the music is mastered at. Newer popular music is being mastered at a high level then before, which is crummy. It has nothing to do with how the song was ripped.

Easiest way I can explain it is to have you read the wiki article on the loudness war. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

I've downloaded it before don't recall if I ever used it though.

jay-cee what you don't realize is he is talking about the level the music is mastered at. Newer popular music is being mastered at a high level then before, which is crummy. It has nothing to do with how the song was ripped.

Easiest way I can explain it is to have you read the wiki article on the loudness war. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

I understand that music is being recorded at high crummy levels nowadays, thats a given. I didnt read the whole statistical analysis part of it, from the main page I got that it will add loudness to the tracks that appear low so I looked at it as a loudness feature. After reading the whole document and the click on links in the document I see what he wants to do now, basically make all the tracks play the same instead of clicking a button to make one as loud as the others.

OP I do apologize for my lack of reading :suicide-santa: .

I've used this for YEARS and I LOVE IT! It will remove clipping, normalize, and a few other things as well. Great program, especially considering it's free.

i've always wondered about something like this; i have some songs that are super quiet, and some that are super loud. this will fix that? how long per song does it take?

It will fix it. It literally takes seconds.

i have my amp tuned with DMM, will i have to redo that? still sorta' confused what it does to the music...

i have my amp tuned with DMM, will i have to redo that? still sorta' confused what it does to the music...

It's supposed to adjust the volume of the song in the event it's below the 89db, or whatever db you decide you want it adjusted to. This is only necessary if you have some mp3's that are noticeably lower in volume than others.