HawaiianBassHead

2 Rl-i 8"s 1-1.3ft 15" passive radiator?

I'm thinking of doing two boxes; each box containing dual Rl-i 8"s in between 1 and 1.3ft^3 with a 15" passive radiator tuned to about 30hz.

So 4 total with two boxes I'll be glassing it all, and I'll have either my colossus GenXX or maybe even something nicer cough Goliath cough. According to the new testing its doing less power than the colossus but gets more spl due to the name I suppose ;) . http://audioforum.termpro.com/ubb/ultimate...011444/p/3.html very intresting it's doing less power but but spl... So I'm thinking of trying something of that nature. I'm getting a pair of BD1500's soon I hope, so I'll test with those when I get the new truck. And *hopfully* 4 Rl-i 8"s :D

T

sounds like a plan...

and don't forget

:ttiwwop:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

wow that would be awesome

sounds like a plan...

and don't forget

:ttiwwop:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Well, since I won't be getting either and I'm only researching at this point this thread may be worthless for some time lol. I'll drop some pix of my screens and dvd player when they're all install just for you though ;) damn pic junkies I tell ya... lol

But I actually posted this thread with the intent of learning more about PR's so any info I may gain would be appriciated. I know they have a steep rolloff and aren't transient so far. But you can tune low with huge crossarea in tiny boxes...

yeah, I read that before I posted the original thread. I got lost somewhere between PI and figuring tuning of the PR. But I'm getting an eD 8" the big one with the 3" coil and 1000rms made by TC with a PR and in .5ft^3 with his PR the guys box has an F3 of about 20hz with very flat response curve. SO I'll be buying the pair as an experiment for my low bass and output passive vs ported testing. I love how small a box can be and still tuned super low with PR's now I need to hear it and see how they are. I don't think it'll meter high or set of car alarms but it should pound out the lows lol. He said the only sub that he has that has better lows is a BP1803 which is an 18" HT sub motor looked like an HC/SP/beyond audio Inhuman type sub. 25mm topplate double 150oz magnets and flat backplate. later,

T