freemanjc

Sundown Amp Choice

Friends.

I have ordered a FI Q12 (Dual 2 OHMS) single sub that will go into a ported sub-woofer enclosure just as soon as I can get in contact with pound that sound. First, I am trying to find out what's the difference between the following two amps, if there is any.

a. Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D = RMS 600 x 1 watts @ 2 ohms

b. Sundown Audio SAE-1200D = RMS 600 x 1 watts @ 2 ohms

Secondly, will either of these two be sufficient enough to power that particular sub since both are 2ohms x 1 600 RMS--------------------(underrated) ?

a.

SAZ series is the Competition line for Sundown.

SAZ offers an operating voltage of 10-16 volts, strapping capability, 24db per octave crossover, variable phase shift.

SAE line is the entry level line. Operating voltage of 12-14.4 volts, 12db per octave crossover. Switchable phase shift.

Both will power your woofer setup just fine.

Btw if you have 1 dual 2 ohm subwoofer it can be wired to either to a 4 ohm load or 1 ohm. Series will yield 4 ohm and Parallel will yield 1 ohm.

Btw if you have 1 dual 2 ohm sub woofer it can be wired to either to a 4 ohm load or 1 ohm. Series will yield 4 ohm and Parallel will yield 1 ohm.

Old School

Thank for the reply. Are these amps underrated? In regards to your post above are you saying I can hook my FI Q12 in a 1 ohm load or a 2 ohm load becuase my sub is Dual 2 Ohms. Forgive my ignorance, but I am new. Finally, is there any unique pro's and cons to either of them?

Btw if you have 1 dual 2 ohm subwoofer it can be wired to either to a 4 ohm load or 1 ohm. Series will yield 4 ohm and Parallel will yield 1 ohm.

x2, you can wire your dual 2 ohm subwoofer in parallel to a 1 ohm load:

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

Go with the SAZ-1000D if money is not a concern.

You can wire a D2 sub to either 1 ohm or 4 ohms. I suggest you run a SAZ 1000 @ 1ohm to the Fi Q. Yes the Amp is under rated, with Good voltage, you should be able to get 1100-1300rms from the SAZ 1000.

All the information that he gave you are the pros and cons of each amplifier, both will do the job.

All the information that he gave you are the pros and cons of each amplifier, both will do the job.

OldSkool_08, JPagan1993 and jay-cee.

You guys are awesome. I wish I had more knowledgeable people like you all working in my division. It would make my 9 month deployments so much easier. I take it it is safe to orders from Sound Solution Audio - Quality Subwoofers - Car Audio Forum - Car Stereo I hope they are in stock as I have ordered stuff before online to only be told they are not in stock but being advertised like they were. I will email them to check before I order. Once again thanks for the help in this matter?

r,

Freeway

OldSkool_08, JPagan1993 and jay-cee.

You guys are awesome. I wish I had more knowledgeable people like you all working in my division. It would make my 9 month deployments so much easier. I take it it is safe to orders from Sound Solution Audio - Quality Subwoofers - Car Audio Forum - Car Stereo I hope they are in stock as I have ordered stuff before online to only be told they are not in stock but being advertised like they were. I will email them to check before I order. Once again thanks for the help in this matter?

r,

Freeway

Yes, SSA is very safe, always hear positive feedback from customers.

It is where I got my Sundown Amps from and where I will get my third one from. I ordered a Mach 5 Audio MLI-65 midbass speaker from these guys also and have not had any problems with them period.

Way to help him guys :drink40:

Go SSA Team!

Go SSA Team!

Well it appears that there is no place on earth that has the Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D in stock! So I might pull the trigger on the Sundown Audio SAE-1200D. I think I will be fine with this amp though!

Go SSA Team!

Well it appears that there is no place on earth that has the Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D in stock! So I might pull the trigger on the Sundown Audio SAE-1200D. I think I will be fine with this amp though!

Yeah either amp will do the job so you cant go wrong with either purchase.