lilredfocus

ho alternator for 07 magnum

i picked up a ho alternator from a place i think in st louis called nation alt for another car and it was decent but i see alot of people use powermaster. are powermaster alternators worth the price and does anyone know what the prices are i have an 07 magnum 3.5v6...i know but i got a great price on it and couldnt pass it up

Edited by willie7380

i picked up a ho alternator from a place i think in st louis called nation alt for another car and it was decent but i see alot of people use powermaster. are powermaster alternators worth the price and does anyone know what the prices are i have an 07 magnum 3.5v6...i know but i got a great price on it and couldnt pass it up

Yeah they are worth the price, any alternator that is of good quality will have a nice price tag on it but worth it. Powermaster would be able to tell you better and it depends on what size you want, either call or email them for pricing.

their is alot more than just powermaster some of the best would be mech man or DC power engineering... a good ho alt will run you about 400 bucks for a 250 amp unit

their is alot more than just powermaster some of the best would be mech man or DC power engineering... a good ho alt will run you about 400 bucks for a 250 amp unit

i talked to a few lesser known alt guys and they said mechman and dc..i think just atake a factory alt and beef it. nation said they build theyre own then beef it.

i talked to a few lesser known alt guys and they said mechman and dc..i think just atake a factory alt and beef it. nation said they build theyre own then beef it.

From my understanding when most local alt places beef them up, they dont make all the necessary upgrades and adjustments it needs so make sure they do everything to beef it up. Yeah HO Alternators will be a hefty penny to pay but most say they are worth it if you need one.

what kind of power do you plan on pulling from this alt and for how long do you plan on doing it? if you only need to go from 90 ampd to 130 you can hot wrap or over wind, and if you need a few more culomes of current then you could just get a smaller pulley

If you are looking for a reliable, quality product, the brand new custom alts are the way to go.

I have heard waaaay more unsatisfied comments about building up the old alt but have never dealt with them personally.

what kind of power do you plan on pulling from this alt and for how long do you plan on doing it? if you only need to go from 90 ampd to 130 you can hot wrap or over wind, and if you need a few more culomes of current then you could just get a smaller pulley

probably at least 200amps

probably at least 200amps

Yeah you should just call mech man or another quality establishment and have one built for you, a rewind will fail and wont work for what your trying to do....also dont forget that your car will also need about 70 amps ontop of the system....you will need a GOOD ho alt and a good dry cell low internal resistance 12 or 14 volt batt

We make HO alternators to order. Most applications come in 150/200/250amp options and the 300amp competition alternator. The come with a 12 month manufactures warranty with the option of purchasing a Peace of Mind Accidental Damage Warranty, which provides you with 12 months of full warranty on the alternator. All of the alternators we make come with everything you need to bolt it up and get going.

There is an application guide on the site. www.4xspower.com

If you are looking for a reliable, quality product, the brand new custom alts are the way to go.

I have heard waaaay more unsatisfied comments about building up the old alt but have never dealt with them personally.

please go with a reliable HO alternator because in the long run you will probably spend more getting it rewound and still not being satisfied. I am going to do it the right way and order a DC in the spring