Sign in to follow this  
cheese20323

Alpine Type R or Rockford Fosgate P3 Subs?

Im looking two get two new subs. What would be a better buy. 2 12" Alpine Type R subs (4ohm) or 2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3 subs(4ohm).

They are being powered by a US Amps XT2000D amplifier and will be wired at 1ohm. In a sealed box.

I am getting both at the same price but i dont know which ones would sound better.

And im also looking at getting some new speakers, debating wheter to get the Alpine Type R 5x7 SPR-57C or the RE Audio RE5X7FR. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Is neither of them an option? In either of the cases?

Instead of 5x7s, can you make a mounting bracket to fit 6.5s?

Is neither of them an option? In either of the cases?

Instead of 5x7s, can you make a mounting bracket to fit 6.5s?

i cannot reallly make a mounting bracket. I'm stuck with choosing 5x7 or 6x8

Whats a good option for some 5x7 in the 40 to 70 dollars a pair price range?

What subs should i get?

can you consider some better subs? can you stretch your speaker budget for some components like pg rds 6.5 (just an example of some very decent budge components)? are you willing to make baffles to fit them (dont say you cant, its quite easy to do)?

ohh wait! how about you read the posting guildlines first then comeback with more info....

can you consider some better subs? can you stretch your speaker budget for some components like pg rds 6.5 (just an example of some very decent budge components)? are you willing to make baffles to fit them (dont say you cant, its quite easy to do)?

ohh wait! how about you read the posting guildlines first then comeback with more info....

sorry for not posting the necessary info still a newbie..

i will be installing the the 2 subwoofers on a 2005 nissan altima in a sealed box 14hX12dX28w. all the electrical wiring is stock and im running the US Amp XT2000D using 4 gauge wiring the car also has the BOSE audio system with i believe a 200-400watt amp

and i also have an alpine cde 102 head unit

Im not looking at upgrading the wiring or the amp right now. but i was maybe considering buying maybe a ported box?

Another choice of subs that i was considering where the RE SE 12" or RE SE 10"..i have heard these on my cousins truck but i think it might be too much bass for my car and are a bit more expensive than the Type R or P3 subs

I will mostly be using these subs for daily use no competition. and listen mostly to hip hop and r &b and some spanish music which is why i have the soundstream digital bass.

My budget for the subs is around $300 for both. im able to get the type r's or p3's for 100 or the RE SE 12" for $150

As for the 5 x 7 speakers they will be goin on a ford f-250 with everything stock and no extra amplifier. The only thing it currently has is a pioneer head unit so im just looking for some decent upgrade nothing big. The price range for the speakers is about $60 a pair.

I also saw some infinity speakers 6820CS.

Sorry for the inconvenience i just want to get a good buy and some decent quality

well first for you subs look into some of brands on the site here. im willing to bet anything offered here could outperform the stuff you listed. the entry level incriminator (forget the name) audio subs have great reviews, as do dcon's from ssa, fi ssd, mach 5 ixl (just to name afew)... you can always run just 1 nice sub. the box you have comes out to about ~2.5 cubes so 2 12"s will fit fine... as you said you listen to rap you might like more output from your subs. id recommend that u build your own box or have a friend or family member help you out. DO NOT USE A PREFAB BOX!!!

as far as electrical goes, watch for dimming and consider doing the big 3.

for the truck, here are some idea's.

1- if all you plan to ever do is just the speakers to replace the stockies, do some cheap coax's off the hu

2- if you plan to add an amp for them later buy a set of components for upfront and either leave the speakers in the back stock, remove/turn them off, or replace with cheapo's.

Why can you not make a mounting bracket? All you need is like some 1/2" wood and a jig saw to convert that space into a 6.5" hole. I did it on my dad's F-150 and on my Explorer, which both have the same stock mounting holes.

At any rate, if you can't do that, the infinity speakers are decent. I had some of the reference 6.5" coaxials a few years ago and they were ok, you just couldn't push them really hard or else the tweeter would get harsh silk sound. You also NEED a highpass crossover for the mid, as it can bottom out fairly easily. But for 60 bucks or whatever I bought them for, they sounded pretty good overall. Are these going to be powered by an amp or just the head unit? Does your head unit have crossovers in it?

what about 5.25 's i know you can get adaptor plates every were for fords. here is a good set see link and those pg rsd are sold in 5.25 too. they got a little less mid bass then a 6.5 but there better then a 5x7 or 6x8 coaial. i got the one at the link in my taurus and there only 75 rms for the set.

NEW CADENCE 5.25" 300w ALUMINUM CONE COMPONENT SPEAKERS - eBay (item 350257812456 end time Jan-25-10 02:01:35 PST)