HiFonicsHorder1

JBL L250's

Anyone Else have Any of the JBL 250's. There was a 3 different versions that I know of. If so what do you have pushing them. I have just Finally acquired a pair. I'm now getting the 14" woofers re built.

Thanks

L250Ti_LE_small.jpg

L250.jpg

I have honestly never seen them before. They look very cool though! :)

x2

How old are they? The pictures suggest a little bit of age.

x2

Yeah they are from 1986-1990 I was told. They are referred to as the "Holy Grail" of JBL home speakers. They were the TOP Model they produced. This was one of the quotes I found by JBL.

"The speaker was designed by Greg Timbers, Steve Lyle and Lorr Kramer. It was JBL's first time aligned system and resulted in a speaker with unparalleled soundstage coherence. Unfortunately, this system was not a marketing success. It was very expensive to build and was too significant a departure in sound from JBL's horn based speakers of the past.

I also know that the 14" odd ball woofer is good to 30hz so there was NO need for a sub.

The cabinet is MASSIVE. They have to weigh at least 140lbs each. I can't wait to get the woofers fixed and get them set up.

x2

Yeah they are from 1986-1990 I was told. They are referred to as the "Holy Grail" of JBL home speakers. They were the TOP Model they produced. This was one of the quotes I found by JBL.

"The speaker was designed by Greg Timbers, Steve Lyle and Lorr Kramer. It was JBL's first time aligned system and resulted in a speaker with unparalleled soundstage coherence. Unfortunately, this system was not a marketing success. It was very expensive to build and was too significant a departure in sound from JBL's horn based speakers of the past.

I also know that the 14" odd ball woofer is good to 30hz so there was NO need for a sub.

The cabinet is MASSIVE. They have to weigh at least 140lbs each. I can't wait to get the woofers fixed and get them set up.

Awesome. Post pics when you get the bottom drivers fixed. I love older equipment. Are you using them for stereo or HT?

x2

Awesome. Post pics when you get the bottom drivers fixed. I love older equipment. Are you using them for stereo or HT?

For stereo use. I have them set-up in the basement with the weights for working out.

The money I was going to use to fix them I ended up spending on a bunch of Old School Crunch subs BRAND NEW IN THE BOXES. Didn't need them but couldn't pass them up.

IMG_0316.JPG