lilredfocus

btl enclosure

i have a dodge magnum. i see alot of people building boxes that have the subs firing up and the port towards the rear. ive never heard a car/truck with the box like that. ive always used rear face rear firing boxes. is there a difference? is it noticable if so?

i have a dodge magnum. i see alot of people building boxes that have the subs firing up and the port towards the rear. ive never heard a car/truck with the box like that. ive always used rear face rear firing boxes. is there a difference? is it noticable if so?

the box style is called CRX style, i am not sure if it sounds louder to the ear. my new box is on its way and when i get everything setup ill let you know how it sounds CRX style compared to the regular way. maybe someone else will chime in also.

if you are going to be getting a box made for ur magnum i would do the CRX style or something diffrent then the sub and port faceing rear just for looks and having something diffrent to most people

the box style is called CRX style, i am not sure if it sounds louder to the ear. my new box is on its way and when i get everything setup ill let you know how it sounds CRX style compared to the regular way. maybe someone else will chime in also.

if you are going to be getting a box made for ur magnum i would do the CRX style or something diffrent then the sub and port faceing rear just for looks and having something diffrent to most people

I did an install in a Magnum with 4 Pioneer 12"s with a CRX style box and it sounded good, it slammed also.

I did an install in a Magnum with 4 Pioneer 12"s with a CRX style box and it sounded good, it slammed also.

I have this setup in my 96' explorer and it sounds great. I'm not sure if there is a noticeable difference, I don't think there will be a sure way to find out either unless you have the exact specs of both setups and compare that way. I asked some guy at a local car audio store, and they told me that the port back, sub back setup is the "right way" he told me its "physics" lol, and that if you have the sub up, port back, than that cancels out some sound waves, because the sub is producing sound wavew up and down, and the sound waves coming out of the port are front to back.

Edited by Sencheezy

I have this setup in my 96' explorer and it sounds great. I'm not sure if there is a noticeable difference, I don't think there will be a sure way to find out either unless you have the exact specs of both setups and compare that way. I asked some guy at a local car audio store, and they told me that the port back, sub back setup is the "right way" he told me its "physics" lol, and that if you have the sub up, port back, than that cancels out some sound waves, because the sub is producing sound wavew up and down, and the sound waves coming out of the port are front to back.

thats what i heard ....thats the question im lookin an answer too

That style box with the port along the bottom with aeroports works best in explorers...

That style box with the port along the bottom with aeroports works best in explorers...

That works great. My brother did his that way, and it's a beast.

What about Sub Up, Slot Port up, Port all the way at the rear towards the back of the hatch area/cargo door?

The box will need to go from the seat back all the way back to the the back wall as I don't want to go wider and takeup the whole hatch...