What's the difference besides the price? I know that the Kolossus cable is supposed to be thicker than standard AWG but is it worth almost double the price?

Referring to 1/0 awg wire with an Audioque AQ1200D. Wire would be for power/ground/big 3.

What's the difference besides the price? I know that the Kolossus cable is supposed to be thicker than standard AWG but is it worth almost double the price?

Referring to 1/0 awg wire with an Audioque AQ1200D. Wire would be for power/ground/big 3.

To be honsest with you, the KLMX wire isn't that good. It is just straight copper wire vs the kolossus which is silver tinned. What happens to copper if it is not coated is it will oxidize. This creates more resistance and less power will be able to flow through the wire. This obviously happens gradually but if you plan on keeping your car for any type of long term use I suggest don't skimp.

The klmx is also very light and cheap feeling.

The klmx is fine if you don't plan on keeping your car for too long. That amplifier dosent need that heavy duty of wire in the first place. I do recommend doing the big 3 with the kolossus however.

Klmx isn't pure copper, its an aluminum and copper mix. Kollossus is pure copper hence the higher price. When using pure copper you will have less resistance.

Edited by audioman21

Klmx isn't pure copper, its an aluminum and copper mix. Kollossus is pure copper hence the higher price. When using pure copper you will have less resistance.

Perhaps this is why the 1/0 welding cable I have in my car cost more than the KLMX does per foot... (the knukonceptz is going in a friend's ride)

More questions:

Planning on keeping car for 4-5 more years; KLMX and save or Kolossus?

RCA questions; Klarity, Karma, or Krystal? Can we save some $$$ with the Klarity without sacrificing something important or is the Karma or Krystal a better bet? It is only a few bucks, so not a big deal, but spending without necessity is dumb.

Perhaps this is why the 1/0 welding cable I have in my car cost more than the KLMX does per foot... (the knukonceptz is going in a friend's ride)

More questions:

Planning on keeping car for 4-5 more years; KLMX and save or Kolossus?

RCA questions; Klarity, Karma, or Krystal? Can we save some $$$ with the Klarity without sacrificing something important or is the Karma or Krystal a better bet? It is only a few bucks, so not a big deal, but spending without necessity is dumb.

I got the Klarity Kables and love, three pairs and a pair of y-adapters (cant get no better for the price). These cables are good quality, have a good feel to them, there sturdy and work well.

I actually prefer The Klarity series over karma.I have a few lenghts of both. IMO, the rca jacks on the Karma series tend to pull apart from the wire easily. The only thing I personally don't like about the klarity series is they have a wire in between the rca wires that can be used for a remote, not a bad faeture for some but I didn't need it therefore just got in the way. Overall Klarity is a good value.

Back to the wire, if your on a budget the Klmx is the way to go but if your serious about car audio you might as well spend the money now on quality stuff rather than upgrading down the road. Another reason that Kollossus is more pricey is its "suppose" to have the highest strand count. i'm not saying all this from here say, Knukonceptz is the all i use from every wire down to the fuse and connectors.

I run the KLMX cable, the kolosus 1/0 wire will handle upwards of 300 amps and the KLMX will handle a max of 250 amps. unless your system is quite large you shouldn't be pulling a constant 250-300 amps

:popcorn:

2.4 dollars per foot, that doesnt include shipping for it.

2.4 dollars per foot, that doesnt include shipping for it.

its is free shippin

I bought 500 bucks worth of that wire from that guys. That wire sucks. There is a reason that monster cable wire is so cheap. It is not tinned it is pure copper. That means its going to oxidize. There is also a thick piece of plastic in the middle. The wire is so hard to flex. It is not a flexible cable what so ever.

Don't make the mistake I made. Just go for the knukonceptz. You can't go wrong. For the amp you are running just get the klmx. The karma cables are great but any regular pair of rcas will do. You won't hear a difference.

I bought 500 bucks worth of that wire from that guys. That wire sucks. There is a reason that monster cable wire is so cheap. It is not tinned it is pure copper. That means its going to oxidize. There is also a thick piece of plastic in the middle. The wire is so hard to flex. It is not a flexible cable what so ever.

Don't make the mistake I made. Just go for the knukonceptz. You can't go wrong. For the amp you are running just get the klmx. The karma cables are great but any regular pair of rcas will do. You won't hear a difference.

Thanks for that update of that wire cause i was about to buy it :drink40:

how about the 1/0 welding cable (304-1270UF) 1/O Welding Cable UltraFlex Orange

www.weldingsupply.com

Thanks for that update of that wire cause i was about to buy it :drink40:

how about the 1/0 welding cable (304-1270UF) 1/O Welding Cable UltraFlex Orange

www.weldingsupply.com

Welding cable is a great deal but just like most wire it is untinned. It will oxidize but you will be fine. If you don't plan on competing then get the welding cable. Better than the klmx.

I wouldn't be that worried about tinned copper. Straight copper will be fine in the long run.

I actually prefer The Klarity series over karma.I have a few lenghts of both. IMO, the rca jacks on the Karma series tend to pull apart from the wire easily. The only thing I personally don't like about the klarity series is they have a wire in between the rca wires that can be used for a remote, not a bad faeture for some but I didn't need it therefore just got in the way. Overall Klarity is a good value.

Back to the wire, if your on a budget the Klmx is the way to go but if your serious about car audio you might as well spend the money now on quality stuff rather than upgrading down the road. Another reason that Kollossus is more pricey is its "suppose" to have the highest strand count. i'm not saying all this from here say, Knukonceptz is the all i use from every wire down to the fuse and connectors.

thats actually a ground wire

So there is a little wire that is part of the klarity rcas that is a ground? I didn't see that on the pics, and I've never seen an rca with the normal plugs and then an extra wire poking out... Is this cable a hermaphrodite? lol Seriously though, I'm confused on what you guys are saying.

KLMX has worked beautiful for me, I'm running an AQ2200D with a run of 0/1 gauge and a 250amp fuse no problems whatsoever. :domoslay::Cavalry:

So there is a little wire that is part of the klarity rcas that is a ground? I didn't see that on the pics, and I've never seen an rca with the normal plugs and then an extra wire poking out... Is this cable a hermaphrodite? lol Seriously though, I'm confused on what you guys are saying.

Its not an extra wire poking out, it is a wire in between the two RCA's that stops about 2 or three inches from the ends of the rca's.

Its not an extra wire poking out, it is a wire in between the two RCA's that stops about 2 or three inches from the ends of the rca's.

Good... I was starting to get worried this was some crazy thing I had no idea about...