Chevy350TPI

Crossover Mounting

I changed up the design on my towers, so I don't have a place to mount / hide the crossovers. The initial design called for them to be placed inside of the cabinets ... in the upper section with the 5.25's and tweets. However, I scrapped that idea to gain more internal volume and pushed the 'back' all the way back so it's flush with the back of the bottom section (think of one solid back ... mind you, I'm sure you've seen the pictures, so no need for me to explain it).

Anyway.

I need to mount the crossover components on something. I'm not all for a piece of cardboard duct taped to the top or rear.

I was thinking of mounting the completed piece to the top each tower, whether it be with little rubber feet or just sitting on top.

Each piece must be 8 3/8" x 14" to fit on the top.

Three materials have come to mind. Tile, linoleum, and glass. Now, with glass ... I'd use four little rubber 'feet' and place them in each corner of the top to prevent the glass from sliding around + it wouldn't vibrate. However, I'd be limited to only using hot glue to mount the components. Can't use wire ties, as I don't have the patience to drill all of those bloody holes in the glass ... I'd have to check and see if the glass place would do it for a minimal fee.

I don't have the components yet as they're in the mail. So who knows if they'll all even fit in the given area - I might have to scrap the top mount idea entirely. If they don't fit, cardboard and duct taped to the back = what'll happen.

Suggestions for mounting material please :P

Why not mount the components themselves to the back of the enclosure and just wire them altogether. I think that would look striking.

Going to have to bring this back to the top as I'm only about a week away from this.

Will be at a Home Depot in 10 days or so, do they have anything worth looking at?

ABS plastic?

Plexiglass?

PE sells some nice little "project boxes" that would work.

Plexi might be a good one :)

Those little boxes look cool - might be neat to make a pair out of plexi.

Plexi sounds like a cool idea.

Its a lot eaiser to work with than glass