Sign in to follow this  
joshtazz

popping noise

Nothing wrong with the setup. You can tune a box at 100 Hz as long as the SSF is set to protect the sub from over excursion. Sounds like it was.

Watching the sub play, I am going to bet something is under the dust cap, or the edge of the cap has come unglued. My first guess is something under the cap.

You could cut the cap off and see. . .

I highly doubt its tinsel slap as we have integrated leads... so not an issue there if done by us. Not sure if we reconed it or sent out a kit... if someone else reconed it I cant vouch for their ability to align or set things up properly.

What is the amps subsonic filter set too? With a 40Hz tuning and a 2.5cuft box (which is the upper end of our recommendations) subsonic filtering is critical. I would have the amps filter set no lower than 37Hz given the enclosure sizing.

We will get this one figured.

Thanks,

Scott

I highly doubt its tinsel slap as we have integrated leads... so not an issue there if done by us. Not sure if we reconed it or sent out a kit... if someone else reconed it I cant vouch for their ability to align or set things up properly.

What is the amps subsonic filter set too? With a 40Hz tuning and a 2.5cuft box (which is the upper end of our recommendations) subsonic filtering is critical. I would have the amps filter set no lower than 37Hz given the enclosure sizing.

We will get this one figured.

Thanks,

Scott

ya i really dont know if it is or not. i doubt it too. i had sent it into u guys and the filer is set at 40. thanks for ur help

Sign in to follow this