jfin1204

would like imput on tweeter question.

the tweeter in my sig, if i change the tweeter to a different one while using the crossover would it matter? or because it is still getting the same crossover slopes its ok?

Edited by jfin1204

the tweeter in my sig, if i change the tweeter to a different one while using the crossover would it matter? or because it is still getting the same crossover slopes its ok?

Clarify please?

I see no tweeter in your sig, in fact I seen no sig. A lot of people have sigs turned off.

I see no tweeter in your sig, in fact I seen no sig. A lot of people have sigs turned off.

He is referring to " 1" tweet carbon kevlar cones"

sorry the tweeter in the alphasonik pct 6551 that i have, i dont like the way i have to mount in my doors. so i havent put it in yet. i would like to change to another tweeter. would it matter what tweeter i use? PCT6551.jpg

Edited by jfin1204

sorry the tweeter in the alphasonik pct 6551 that i have, i dont like the way i have to mount in my doors. so i havent put it in yet. i would like to change to another tweeter. would it matter what tweeter i use?

Yes it would matter unless the you can find tweeters with the same specs as they one you have now, if that was the case there wouldnt be thousands of crossovers out there if one worked on all the tweeters in the market.

Those are just basic small format tweeters, I'm not sure what kind of tweeter you want that will fit any differently or better.

i dont like the chrome A. seems little but that will be the only chrome piece in the car and i dont want it to stand out. guess i could paint it black or take off.

Edited by jfin1204

i dont like the chrome A. seems little but that will be the only chrome piece in the car and i dont want it to stand out. guess i could paint it black or take off.

That would be the cheapest and smartest thing to do instead of replacing a tweeter just because of its looks that can be altered.

It could make a HUGE difference. If you don't truly understand exactly what you have and the results of changing it, I would highly recommend you don't.

these three ways sound great would not like to change the sound, only appearance of it.

Changing the driver out is NOT the way to do that. Paint it, color it, customize it but don't change it.