I have used the DB Electrical and it worked just fine for me, and more amps is always a plus.

I have used the DB Electrical and it worked just fine for me, and more amps is always a plus.

This is the what I was thinking but I figured everyone would say Mechman. I am leaning toward the Db alt just wanted to get some opinions before I purchased.

Mechman is known for great alts, have you looked in to DC Power?

Mechman is known for great alts, have you looked in to DC Power?

Yeah. They are a little out of my price range.

between the two alts mentioned?

Edited by crownvicon24's

I can only speak for Mechman as I never used DB Electrical. My alt has never given me a problem since the moment I installed it. Got it on sale with one year "anything goes" replacement warranty for $360. Very happy with it.

Mechman 220 amp $300 or Db Electrical 250 amp $268?

I would be weary about purchasing an alt for 250 amps at $268, just my .02.

Nothing to be weary about if it doesn't perform as expected I can send it back and get my money back. Also has a 1 year warranty. Mechman told me once installed I couldn't send it back if not satisfied.

Nothing to be weary about if it doesn't perform as expected I can send it back and get my money back. Also has a 1 year warranty. Mechman told me once installed I couldn't send it back if not satisfied.

save up a little more and get a DC power alt. and i agree, 268 dollars is a tad fishy

ive had DB Electrical and they are good alts. they have the same parts whore house as power masters. the alts ive owned were for my gmc jimmy 250 amp and dual 220 amps for my s10.

took to a starter alt rebuild place with a good alt tester. the amperage was over there rated at 2k rpm

the 250 amp @ 2k rpm was 271 amps the dual 220 amp alts were 232 and 227 @ 2k rpm.

the 250 was a large case gm and the 220s were the small case gm

ive had DB Electrical and they are good alts. they have the same parts whore house as power masters. the alts ive owned were for my gmc jimmy 250 amp and dual 220 amps for my s10.

took to a starter alt rebuild place with a good alt tester. the amperage was over there rated at 2k rpm

the 250 amp @ 2k rpm was 271 amps the dual 220 amp alts were 232 and 227 @ 2k rpm.

the 250 was a large case gm and the 220s were the small case gm

Thanks man. This helps alot. I may give them a shot. If I'm not satisfied I can send it back. Thanks again.

better pay close attention to what they do at idle.

You could end up with less than stock if you are not careful.

better pay close attention to what they do at idle.

You could end up with less than stock if you are not careful.

Rated at 125 amps @ 600 rpm and 250 amps @ 1200 rpms. Comes with an overdrive pulley. Stock is only 95 amps.

Tell Rob at DC Power phi sent you and see what price you can get. :D trust me its good. I got a mustang alt 270 at 2.5 k rpm and 150 at idle down to 600 rpm for a price in your budget.

Tell Rob at DC Power phi sent you and see what price you can get. :D trust me its good. I got a mustang alt 270 at 2.5 k rpm and 150 at idle down to 600 rpm for a price in your budget.

Wow really! If I could get a DC Power alt for the price of these alts I would be all over that. I contacted him by email last time. Is the best way to get in touch with him?

Mechman told me once installed I couldn't send it back if not satisfied.

If you get the accidental coverage for like $60, you can dip the alt in hydrochloric acid if you want to and he will still take it back. Its only a one time deal though.

Good luck with whichever alt you purchase though.

Mechman told me once installed I couldn't send it back if not satisfied.

If you get the accidental coverage for like $60, you can dip the alt in hydrochloric acid if you want to and he will still take it back. Its only a one time deal though.

Good luck with whichever alt you purchase though.

LOL^