Frostedflakejake

SHURiKEN SK-BT120 vs. Kinetik HC2400

So pretty much what the title says. Looking to buy a battery to run a SAZ-3000d. Already ordered a 260 HO alt from Iraggi.

Mainly im looking for a comparison between the Shuriken and the Kinetik. which would you buy? prices are close enough for that to not be a factor. Both are 2600 amps which is why im comparing them!! Any input would be nice!

thanks!

let the replies come :popcorn:

Im curious as to if there is that big of a difference myself, I heard that Shuriken's are rebadged Kinetiks just at a lower cost. A friend of mine who owns a shop in Chicago said he stopped selling Kinetiks to sell the Shuriken's and they perform good. I was thinking about purchasing a Shuriken to test out but would like to know if others have dealt with one yet also.

From what I've been learning/reading Metra Electronics owns Shuriken. Also they're the owners of other brands such as Tsunami, Axxes, The Install Bay, Omega, Raptor, Ethereal, and Ballistic.

Also theres someone on here that has a couple in his vehicle. i can't quite remember who.

Another thing is that I've been reading is that these are basically repackaged Kinetiks. So it would be like LG selling TV's to Best Buy and then Best Buy repackaging it to Insignia TV's . (that's the TV i own, LG TV last years model with a similar case and different logo)

Edited by Julian

Yes, Shuriken Batteries is owned by Metra Electronics. Both have the same address listed on the websites. I've been thinking about running a few soon, just haven't had the time to order yet.

Many batteries are made by the same manufacturer, just made to order for a specific customer. Sears, Deka, Interstate, etc., simply place an order with a manufacturer and they are built to spec. Similar to speakers and amplifiers.

To the best of my knowledge, Kinetik has exclusive rights to most if not all of their batteries and does not sell those rights to other companies for use.

They may be built at the same buildhouse, but that doesn't make them the same battery.

To the best of my knowledge, Kinetik has exclusive rights to most if not all of their batteries and does not sell those rights to other companies for use.

They may be built at the same buildhouse, but that doesn't make them the same battery.

That makes a lot of sense.

I could see that.

As to the original question, which I forgot to answer......I would go Kinetik :)

As to the original question, which I forgot to answer......I would go Kinetik :)

If i could afford them i'd purchase the Kinetik i would. But I wouldn't mind trying the SHURiKEN for the prices.

True. I was trying to explain the similarities though. Just like how certain subwoofers look alike, batteries do as well, but that does not make them identical.

The shurikens all weigh different than kinetik, considering they have different cases and cases do not weigh several lbs so I would not call them the same.

If I had to choose between the two I would go kinetik, I know the product, I know the people who run it and I know they know their product.

yeah i was thinking kinetik myself but thats just because i've heard more hype about them which doesn't always make the product better. I can get one for 370 shipped, so i think i'll do it.

and yeah, the shuriken has like ten pounds or something on the kinetik... :ehh:

just ordered the kinetik from woofersect.com :woot:

unfortunately it's on backorder so only god knows how long it will take to get here :No: