Sign in to follow this  
shizzzon

How to charge a 14v XS Power battery?

I haven't seen this posted here or other places yet and am wondering what battery charger out there is capable of charging these new 14v batteries?

I haven't seen this posted here or other places yet and am wondering what battery charger out there is capable of charging these new 14v batteries?

Sorry I missed this one.

The easiest would be with the alternator and the VCM, but they can be charged with the intellicharger. We are coming out with a 14v option charger this spring. The 14v just cant be charged over 16.9volts.

Well, i believe your guys step down transformer has 2 step down settings correct?

Is one of the 2 suitable for running an alt at 17v and stepping down to 15v or slightly lower for the 12v bank?

Letting the alt keep it charged is one thing but i like to top them off for competition use as well.

I really do love XS Power.

I only have a single D3100 and a single D5100 in the back and i just pulled just a hair over 1,100A at a comp yesterday for a total period of about 1.5-2.5 seconds and very quick ~400-500A spurts.

After my burp run was over, voltage only fell from 13.2v to 12.8v!

Stock alternator was fully capable of charging this back up and the voltage regulator inside the alt didn't even drop voltage while doing it and i was surprised about that.