Sign in to follow this  
Smitty

My Dcon Enclosure

I have had my Dcon's for a while now and I must say I am very impressed with how loud these little 10's can get while sounding great at the same time. At the time of thier arrival I did'nt really have the money to get a custom enclosure made so a friend of mine sold me an dual 10" audioenhancers enclosure he had laying around in his garage. He showed me the specs of the enclosure on the internet (3.18 cu. ft. at 33hz) and I figured that would be fine for them. Since i've had them I've always noticed that they hit the lower low notes but did not produce as much volume from them as I was expecting without me cranking the gains on my head unit. Today I finally checked the specs of the enclosure on Audioenhancers website and it said the tuning of the enclosure was an Fb/39hz and an F3 of 33hz. So now I don't know whether my enclosure is tuned at 39hz or 33. If it's 39hz I imagine that would be a problem and I need to get another enclosure.

Okay, I'm pretty sure that it means the box is tuned to 39hz and the F3 at 33hz means that's the -3dB point in the response. Now, take that with a grain of salt cuz my head's been a little fuzzy lately (damn cold medicine).

F3 -3 dB cutoff frequency, in Hz

Fb Enclosure resonance (usually for bass reflex systems), in Hz

I would suggest looking into building or having a fabricator whip you up a box tuned in the 30-33hz range. Thanks for the positive feedback on the Dcon's.

Alrite thanks for the information, I figured something wasnt right. Never built a box before so I might look into pts or Fisher Customs. Unfortunatly for me I think I killed my Sundown 125.2 the other day, so I will be needing a new amp along with a new head unit to replace my JVC el Kameleon (aka the worst purchase i've ever made in car audio) before I can do that. Damn car audio is an expensive hobby :suicide-santa:

Alrite thanks for the information, I figured something wasnt right. Never built a box before so I might look into pts or Fisher Customs. Unfortunatly for me I think I killed my Sundown 125.2 the other day, so I will be needing a new amp along with a new head unit to replace my JVC el Kameleon (aka the worst purchase i've ever made in car audio) before I can do that. Damn car audio is an expensive hobby :suicide-santa:

There are some awesome Eclipse HU's going for cheap, NIB on ebay.

I have my DCON 10" in a 1.3^ft3 enclosure tuned to 33hz. It sounds amazing.

Also check with Quentin at Audible Customs for a custom box as well.

Incase you decide to get a new box here is one that was made to the specs of (2) 10" Icons which if you look at the specs of Icons and Dcons are almost exactly alike. Maybe someone who knows more about the subs can chime in but I think this box would be almost a perfect fit.

Fisher Customs Box - SSA Car Audio Forum

Incase you decide to get a new box here is one that was made to the specs of (2) 10" Icons which if you look at the specs of Icons and Dcons are almost exactly alike. Maybe someone who knows more about the subs can chime in but I think this box would be almost a perfect fit.

Fisher Customs Box - SSA Car Audio Forum

The Icon's tend to like a little larger ported enclosures then Dcon's. But that does not mean the Dcon's suffer at all in larger boxes, just that they are able to be in the sweet spot in smaller boxes. :)