Sign in to follow this  
1dope230

Noob question

So I just got my SAZ-1200D and Diamond Audio TDX 10D4s wired up. The box I built is 2.5 ft^3 (after displacement), tuned to 33hz. Now the question is: If I build a larger box but keep the tuning freq the same, would the subs sound the same? Hit lower? This setup bangs for 2 10's in the 30-40 range, but doesn't quite hit the super lows that great.

build a new box fa bit bigger and tune a bit lower...try tuning to 30 or so. just make sure u pay attention to ur subs bc a bigger box means u need to use less power.

What specs do you have for your subs?

How much room do they need?

I don't know if you would be satisfied with a bigger box. Would it be good for your subs? We need some specs to help.

What specs do you have for your subs?

How much room do they need?

I don't know if you would be satisfied with a bigger box. Would it be good for your subs? We need some specs to help.

Here is the spec sheet on them:

TDX Spec sheet

The subs should be optimally matched to the amp, and the box is built to specs AFAIK.

And sorry for the confusion, but I'm not disappointed with how they sound so much as it was more of a general inquiry into box building dynamics. Would a bigger box tuned to the same frequency as a smaller box sound the same, or hit certain freqs better?

Edited by 1dope230

I know that the bigger the box, the less power the subs can/need to handle.

You may find your answers by reading and searching in the several topics already made on this subject !peepwall.gif

I know that the bigger the box, the less power the subs can/need to handle.

You may find your answers by reading and searching in the several topics already made on this subject !peepwall.gif

Not exactly, a larger enclosure raises efficiency, meaning it doesn't take as much power to achieve the same or greater volume. They also make the driver more prone to mechanical failure.