BigBadRod

4ohm stable mono block amp with subsonic filter

Can anyone recommend one? I purchased a dual 2 ohm Fi BL 15 and my current amp does not have a subsonic filter (which the install guy says will be needed to best tune the system). Some of the amps on the SSA website don't tell me what load they are stable at in Mono.

All of them are stable to 4 ohm, but why would you not want to wire it to 1 ohm? I mean it's a 15" BL.

Edited by Sir-Lancelot

The sub that I purchased was a dual two ohm 15 BL. I am not sure how all this ohm'age' works, but my understanding was that for the best results I needed a amp running at 1 X 1000w RMS at 4ohms. If you are telling me that the BL15 dual 2 ohm will run at 1 ohm I am curious how...

Can anyone recommend one? I purchased a dual 2 ohm Fi BL 15 and my current amp does not have a subsonic filter (which the install guy says will be needed to best tune the system). Some of the amps on the SSA website don't tell me what load they are stable at in Mono.

I would recommend the SAZ1000 and wire it to one ohm. I think its still on sale too.

The sub that I purchased was a dual two ohm 15 BL. I am not sure how all this ohm'age' works, but my understanding was that for the best results I needed a amp running at 1 X 1000w RMS at 4ohms. If you are telling me that the BL15 dual 2 ohm will run at 1 ohm I am curious how...

A dual 2 ohm can be ran at 1 or 4. Its doubling going up and halving it going down to put it in simple terms.

You want to wire parallel to get 1 ohm and series to get 4 ohm.

Wire parallel to get the most out of your amp, (assuming it is 1 ohm stable).

Someone already replied didn't they...

dial-up: not so much...

Oh, well I guess no one did...

To wire parallel, (for 1 ohm), go negative to negative and positive to positive.

Here is a pictorial for you man, these are the two wiring options you have for you subwoofer:

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

or

1_2ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

Just so I am clear, 1 ohm stable mono amp will still be okay putting it to my dual 2 ohm 15BL? I am still reading on all these ohm choppings and I believe i am figuring it out. Is this an amp, at 1ohm with a subsonic filter that will work: SSA Shop - Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D amplifier

That seems like an awesome price for an amp of that power.

yes that amp will work great. it is a great amp all around. will last u forever

Yes that amp will work, yes you can wire your D2 subwoofer to a 1 ohm final load.

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif