shakes

What subs should I go with?

Good choice on the MLI 65's. They will work very well in a properly dampened door application as a midbass or midrange.

But as far as subwoofers go, do a little comparative shopping in the SSA store and read and learn as musch as you can. You listed running 3000 watts, be prepared to spend to upgrade your electrical (Alt, 1/0 wire and batts). Shitcan the 4x10" speakers in the rear, useless imo.

I ran an Audioque SDC2.5 15" D4 and overall it is an okay woofer, Nothing really great about it. It served it's purpose until I could afford a quality subwoofer setup. For a little more money saved I think you can get much better than AQ in terms of quality. Just my .02

Just about all the manufacturers on the SSA forum can custom build a subwoofer for your application. Just takes a little reading and research.

I'm not really set on 3000 watts, thats just the maximum amount of power I'd want to use. I'm definitely planning on all the supporting electrical upgrades to ensure everything works as it should.

Is it realistic to do more than 145db on music with my criteria? I would at least get it metered once just out of curiosity more or less.

way too many factors that could determine it

Yeah, I figured that would be the answer I'd get. lol

At any rate, I was looking in the Sundown section at the Z15 closeouts, if theres any left that seems like something I'd be interested in. Looks like he only has D2's left so I'd have to get a larger amp and run 2 ohm or strap 2 amps... But I suppose the money I'd save over another brand would even out.

At any rate, I was looking in the Sundown section at the Z15 closeouts, if theres any left that seems like something I'd be interested in. Looks like he only has D2's left so I'd have to get a larger amp and run 2 ohm or strap 2 amps... But I suppose the money I'd save over another brand would even out.

If you get a d2 you can run it at 1 or 4 ohms:

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams, One 2 ohm Dual Voice Coil (DVC) Speaker

If you get a d2 you can run it at 1 or 4 ohms:

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams, One 2 ohm Dual Voice Coil (DVC) Speaker

I should have clarified, I'm more than likely planning on running 2 woofers.

Well I just bit the bullet and ordered two Sundown Z15's. Considering I've gone without bass almost all of the last 7 years it won't take much to impress me and the price was right.

:fing34: cant wait till the build log, what size enclosure and tuning if going ported?

:fing34: cant wait till the build log, what size enclosure and tuning if going ported?

I can definitely wait. I used the truck to move some trannies and now theres tranny fluid all over the back of the truck, which sucks because up until now the interior was practically brand new looking. Oh well. I really wish I had pics of the last and first box I built. It was a train wreck. I was in highschool and was in a rush to get everything together. Now I'm a little more mature and can slow it down and do it right.

Absolutely nothing is set in stone but I'm thinking somewhere around 7cubes around 30-35hz. That'll be another discussion when I get there though. I still have to measure the back of the truck and decide whether or not I can keep my 3rd row seat and still have a decent amount of room for hauling stuff in the back.