Just got my friend to pick up a audiopipe 1500 today, heard it is a decent budget amp. Notice it has no fuses, the guy tells me it needs external fuses. I understand what that means, but is there a distance from the amp these need to be? a certain amp rating they need to be? will the main fuse coming off the batt under the hood running to the amp be sufficient? just want to make sure i get this right before helping him install. thanks

Fuse as close to the battery in the front as you can, as well as in the back by the amp.

ok, im thinkin in his car he has a glass 60amp fuse in front within 18" or so of the battery. So basically i want 2 fuses in the same strip.. 1 close to battery.. 1 right before it enters into the amp's + terminal? will another 60amp glass fuse be ok for this amp? He wants me to help him install tomorrow when we get off work i just want to make sure we are prepared.

He also mentioned one of those circuit breakers lol.. i used to have one and he liked it.. believe the shop around here that sell's those the amp rating is around 100-150.. is that too much? is it pointless to run 1 of those in the back and still keep the glass 60amp in the front? lol.. still a little uncertain with my fusing.

60 amps of fusing will not be sufficient. It will blow. You'll need a 150 amp fuse.

ok, so 150 it is, as i mentioned his setup will i need 2 150's? 1 up front and one in back? just want to get this straight up.. is replacing both fuses a must?

ive had him spending a bunch of money lately lol.. just adding to it with this stuff.. but if they are a must have then it has to be done. rather order up the fuses from knukonceptz but i dont think he is gonna wait, so we might be goin to the local rip off shop to get them lol... probably 30$+ a piece without fuses lol.

You only need the fuse at the front; don't worry about one near the amp. The only way you would need this would be for distribution to multiple devices.

lol.. 1 for 2 fuses 1 for 1 fuse.. lol.. im assuming either way ill be alright.. so this is what i think were gonna do.. gonna go out and buy 1 150amp ANL fuse and replace the glass fuse in front.. leave the back without a fuse.. this sound ok to you guys? am i in any danger?

awesome, appreciate the help. roughly 45 minutes to get an answer. one that i TRUST!. you guys are great. :woot:

I'm kinda curious as to how big your power wire is? A 60 amp fuse in there kinda leads me to believe it may be on the small side, maybe to small for that amp, I could be wrong though.

when he first decided to run a system in his car he went out and bought a monster cable 4 gauge power/ground kit. I think it should do alright, just 1 Audiopipe 1500 and a Fi Q 12". i know 1 gauge is optimal, but im thinking he should be alright with 4. its not some flea market brand wire, he went with monster. not my number 1 choice but hey... its not my ride either lol.

the audiopipe 1500 is tiny.. i expected something bigger. the terminals look so small lol.. i had to have him make sure a 4 gauge wire even fit in the positive terminal. he says it fit.. there is no way in hell that amp will take anything bigger thats for sure. :)

the audiopipe 1500 is tiny.. i expected something bigger. the terminals look so small lol.. i had to have him make sure a 4 gauge wire even fit in the positive terminal. he says it fit.. there is no way in hell that amp will take anything bigger thats for sure. :)

Bigger wire will fit, just get a 1/0 awg to 4 gauge reducer if you wanted to put 1/0 awg in the amp.

when he first decided to run a system in his car he went out and bought a monster cable 4 gauge power/ground kit. I think it should do alright, just 1 Audiopipe 1500 and a Fi Q 12". i know 1 gauge is optimal, but im thinking he should be alright with 4. its not some flea market brand wire, he went with monster. not my number 1 choice but hey... its not my ride either lol.

Good deal, I wouldn't run any more on that wire though. See if the owner manual states the fuse size you should use.

worked just fine. replaced the 80AMP fuse in the front (thought it was a 60 lol) with a 150 ANL knu fuse. And let me say.,. that audiopipe 1500 is a bad little sob. shocked the shit out of me to be honest. such a small amp and so much power. it's only hooked to a set of kicker cvr 12's right now and it blew me away.. cant wait to build him a box this weekend for his Q and see what it can do. im expecting something real sweet :D