Lifted07Duramax

Should I get an RF T1 12" for this price?

Here's a question I have. Why couldn't he plug like 500 watts into the little formula for setting the gains. Wouldn't that yield the voltage at which he would only be putting out 500 watts?

Ta-da! That would mean you should set your gain to 22.36 :)

you guys are kidding around right????

do you know his decks output voltage, did you meter his decks output voltage. do you know how much impedance rise he is getting. do you also know his voltage and his electrical system.

Please tell me how you got on Team Sundown?

Here's a question I have. Why couldn't he plug like 500 watts into the little formula for setting the gains. Wouldn't that yield the voltage at which he would only be putting out 500 watts?

Ta-da! That would mean you should set your gain to 22.36 :)

do you know his decks output voltage, did you meter his decks output voltage. do you know how much impedance rise he is getting. do you also know his voltage and his electrical system.

Please tell me how you got on Team Sundown?

Tell me too, seems like you got lucky.

maybe because you only hit 145. lol

and tell me how are you genius' gonna tell him how to get exactly 500 watts outta his amp

anyways i gotta retract that, i didnt see the 22.36 for some reason. still you only hit 145???? haha jk

the OP asked is there a way to set your gains without buying a voltmeter. ^^^^^^up there

anyways i gotta retract that, i didnt see the 22.36 for some reason. still you only hit 145???? haha jk

Yes, 145... from a single 15...in a trunk.... on 1500 watts.

:orly3:

the OP asked is there a way to set your gains without buying a voltmeter. ^^^^^^up there

I mustve missed it

Tell me what ALL info you guys would need and Ill post it up that way I know when I test it that Im looking for the right readings.

RMS power? 1200w right? Its an sundown 1200d v2

subs will be at 1ohm mono

Deck is a pioneer DVD4100 I think, ill have to look

Deck output has nothing to do with it (yes, I realize the exceptions of overloading the input or not providing enough, but the Sundowns are rather flexible in that regard), so no need to meter the deck. Impedance rise is NOT something you should be concerned about when setting your gains. Voltage and electrical are a concern, but if you are only going to have it output 500w I wouldn't worry about it at all.3

Using a DMM isn't such a good idea in general to set gains. I'd much prefer to do it by ear, but if you don't trust your ears or your ears aren't trustworthy that isn't a good solution. An O'scope is by far the best solution, but if you are confident in your amplifier AND your voltage supply to the amplifier then you can use a DMM.

i was refering to exactly 500watts.

Then what would you change knowing his decks output and the impedance rise of his enclosure and why?

Then what would you change knowing his decks output and the impedance rise of his enclosure and why?

I still wanna know how the heck he got on Team Sundown.