Sign in to follow this  
2000GPGT

American Bass vs Sundown audio

Ok someone may have done this already and if so im sorry. if you have a link please send it to me to save face. anyways ive been out of the car audio game for a while. and im goin nutz not having subs in my car. to start out i have a 86 Grand prix and im looking at getting 2 15's sealed both 1k rms(nothing too much) and i havent decided what subs yet (leaning towards the SSA icons) but i have narrowed it down to 2 amps. either the SAZ-2000d or the American Bass VFL 120.1(i think thats it) i was wondering will i notice a diff between these amps in power rating. i think the VFL is 2600 rms so not to big maybe? also how much does the American Bass 120.1 amp cost? i know the sundown is $900. any help would be greatly appreciated

Well considering you cant get the SAZ-2000D anymore since the SAZ-2500D is coming out, no you wont hear a difference and you really wont hear one between the SAZ-2000D (if you can get your hands on one) and the American Bass amp but on the meter you will see a difference.

Pick whichever fits your install the best and goes with your budget, a comparison thread is useless especially when it boils down between amps. Usually I just flip a coin and the best out of the three wins when it comes down to choosing between two products.

Ok someone may have done this already and if so im sorry. if you have a link please send it to me to save face. anyways ive been out of the car audio game for a while. and im goin nutz not having subs in my car. to start out i have a 86 Grand prix and im looking at getting 2 15's sealed both 1k rms(nothing too much) and i havent decided what subs yet (leaning towards the SSA icons) but i have narrowed it down to 2 amps. either the SAZ-2000d or the American Bass VFL 120.1(i think thats it) i was wondering will i notice a diff between these amps in power rating. i think the VFL is 2600 rms so not to big maybe? also how much does the American Bass 120.1 amp cost? i know the sundown is $900. any help would be greatly appreciated

This is going to be your choice, But for the simple fact of customer service sundown is the way to go....

Edited by thehawk93

couldn't get a 2000d even if you wanted it, or at least a new one. i never used american bass before so i cant comment. heres an option there is a sale on the 1000d ($275)get two of them and link them @ 2ohms, then buy 2 z-15 1000wrms ($200)from jacob on sale, also since he only has dual 2ohm you cab easily wire them to 2 ohms. you could do all that for like 50 dollars more than what you were willing to spend on just the amp. now you have amps and subs.

couldn't get a 2000d even if you wanted it, or at least a new one. i never used american bass before so i cant comment. heres an option there is a sale on the 1000d ($275)get two of them and link them @ 2ohms, then buy 2 z-15 1000wrms ($200)from jacob on sale, also since he only has dual 2ohm you cab easily wire them to 2 ohms. you could do all that for like 50 dollars more than what you were willing to spend on just the amp. now you have amps and subs.

I dont see why not, I still have a SAZ-2000D brand new along with others there are some out there it will just be a hard search for some thats all.

You will not hear a difference between the Sundown and the American Bass. Pick the one that meets your needs and fits you budget.

Edit to add nice choice on the Icons.

Edited by Sir-Lancelot

I say you should go sundown hands down, you might have a hard time getting the saz-2000d because its discontinued, but there customer service is top notch, and that is in my opinion one of the most important things.

does anyone know off the top how much i the VFL 120.1 costs? if i wont see a diff i may jus go for the cheaper one :) however if i run into c/s issues then the other one ill get... and yea i think I AM A go with the Icons havent heard nothing but good reviews about them. ive been lurking the threads and on other sites as well and everyone says they are awesome.

does anyone know off the top how much i the VFL 120.1 costs? if i wont see a diff i may jus go for the cheaper one :) however if i run into c/s issues then the other one ill get... and yea i think I AM A go with the Icons havent heard nothing but good reviews about them. ive been lurking the threads and on other sites as well and everyone says they are awesome.

I can't find pricing on the AB....on the net...But you can call 216-662-2522 or info@americanbassusa.com.. also look this over... http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/sundown-saz-2000-t35737.html

Hawk

Edited by thehawk93

I would call Bob at American Bass and ask for a quote directly (or your nearest dealer).

I had a great buying experience, and I've been happy with the product. Find out which is cheaper, which has the best warranty, and go from there.

If you ever end up in Ohio, I've "heard" you can walk into the American Bass shop and get real real good deals as long as you pay cash.

Don't know if it's true though.

ive been pricing some amps and i am willing to spend about 600... i jus need to get the funds now... i have money but right now its out of my budget for the time being... so sundown amp it is... thanx guys

Both of your choices REQUIRE Electrical upgrades.

i understand that... i have been out the car audio game for a while but i still remember the big 3 bigger alternator (more amps) and possible a seperate battery... im gonna do that before i get all the stuff... thats why i was saying that i have money but the amp is outta my budget for the time being... gotta build up cash again cuz my autozone budget isnt big enough lol